This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] How is the video with color rec.709 change to rec.2100?
I have a video in rec.709 (that is the usual SD video 1080p) 1st image. In After Effect I can choose workspace rec.2100 PQ the video image will become dim (second image). When I save it to ProRes, the video will be just as dim, as I need it to be. I need to do the same in Hybrid. How to do this in Hybrid or maybe in ffmpeg?
[Image: eBZ6a.jpg][Image: Mfq7v.jpg]
Filtering -> Vapoursynth -> Color-> Matrix -> TimeCube. Use bundled LUTs to transform one color space/gamma to another.

Note that Color Matrix filter is not the same as those LUTs and it don't transform color spaces/gammas. Color Matrix used for some special tasks when you upscale/downscale SD to HD content or similar...

you can also generate your own transformation LUTs with LUTCalc tool https://cameramanben.github.io/LUTCalc/L...index.html
You are probably out if luck afaik neither ffmpeg, Avisynth, Vapoursynth (nor x265) supports Rec.2100 was color matrix, so Hybrid can't handle it properly.
Ignoring the signaling and using some LUT might work though,..
When ffmpeg&Co support it I can add support for it in Hybrid.

Cu Selur
(21.04.2021, 15:35)Selur Wrote: You are probably out if luck afaik neither ffmpeg, Avisynth, Vapoursynth (nor x265) supports Rec.2100 was color matrix, so Hybrid can't handle it properly.
Ignoring the signaling and using some LUT might work though,..
When ffmpeg&Co support it I can add support for it in Hybrid.

Cu Selur

Ok. If not Rec.2100, if Rec.2020, how to do it?
The option that Shijan suggested does not work.
For Rec.2020:
  • enable "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Color->Matrix->ColorMatrix"
  • disable "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Color->Matrix->ColorMatrix->Adjust by resolution"
  • set "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Color->Matrix->ColorMatrix->To" to 'Rec.2020ncl'
  • enable "ProRes->Video Usability Information (VUI)->Matrix"
  • set "ProRes->Video Usability Information (VUI)->Matrix" to "bt2020nc"

Cu Selur
(22.04.2021, 14:02)tauri141 Wrote: The option that Shijan suggested does not work.
It works perfect:
[Image: uEFEUEo.jpg]
[Image: ZBbjoBk.jpg]
It's also a question how the output is flagged, assuming you are not overwriting the color matrix in your NLE. Smile

Cu Selur
It really turns out as Shijan says. But with the help LUTCalc tool I was able to achieve a result that is more or less suitable for me. And using Filtering->Vapoursynth->Color->Matrix->TimeCube-> Custom LUT (Before saving from LUTCalc SLog3_SonySGamut3_v2cineVenice-SLog3_SG3c_v3.cude) Make the output file as gray as I need.
How can I do it all on the command line now. In order not to launch the Hybrid program interface, but to register all these actions in the command line. So that can only change the names of incoming and outgoing files.
[Image: LUT.jpg][Image: prores.jpg][Image: filtering.jpg]
If you save your setting as defaults, then every time you start Hybrid it starts with these settings.
That said, <ou might want to read [INFO] About profiles and saving settings,.... and test the different methods to understand their differences and find the best way they fit what you want.

Cu Selur
I understand you, but I need these actions on the command line in order to then include it in a script that would perform all these actions when it starts.
Is it possible to register this in the command line or is Hybrid not designed for this?