This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

VR 180 SBS 29.97fps to 59.94fps
Hi,

Hybrid works great for me interpolating my 4K 24fps up to 60fps. I'm trying to bump some 5.7k VR 180 side by side footage up from 29.97fps to 59.94fps (shot on Vuze XR) and play it on an Oculus Go. My attempts so far look ok when I play the interpolated footage on my PC as SBS mp4 files (i.e. looking at 2 square images side by side) but when I put it on mu Oculus the sound doesn't sync up and every couple of seconds the video jumps a few frames.

Audio set to 'passthrough all' and on Filtering/Frame - input type set to SBS.

Any pointers would be appreciated.
Without more details, I can only guess.

My first guesses would be:
  • might be a performance issue
    Do videos with this resolution and work? If they do easier to decode encoding setting might help.
  • might be an issue with time stamps in case the input was vfr
  • the jumping a few frame might be caused if the decoder has some problems with b-frames and/or b-frame pyramid
-> I suspect it's performance issue,..

Cu Selur

Ps.: https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusGo/commen...us_go_but/ sounds like performance issue.
Ok, thank you. That seems to be the issue.