This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] after encoding ass into mp4, but there is no subtitle at all
Once I could reproduce the issue, I could determine that it's not a Hybrid but a MP4Box bug.
I then properly reported the problem (with logs, samples, etc.) to the developers of GPAC (which MP4Box is a part of). Then we got lucky that one of the developers had time, reproduced the problem and managed to identify what was causing it and fixing it.
After compiling and testing the fixed MP4Box source code I then created a new dev version with the fixed MP4Box version in it and send you a link to that dev version.
-> No, I can't fix MP4box bugs, I just reported the bug to the GPAC/MP4Box developers and they fixed the problem.

Cu Selur
Great! thanks for the help.

And I'm wondering if I had send you the original 18G MKV, maybe you can reproduce the issue earlier, right?

It's not take much time to download 18G, and if you are using "ultraFast" preset, tests only about 15 minutes.
A small sample of the start with the chapter file belonging to the sample might have helped.
In general uploading such large files for debug is usually a waste of time unless it's about handling uncompressed data.
Normally the issues can be reproduced with small samples.

Cu Selur
so the first time i send you the clip.mkv (33MB), since it's cutted from original MKV, but not contain chapters, so it can't be reproduced, if it contains chapters, it can be reproduced earlier, right?
Yes, probably. At least that is what I gathered from what the MP4Box devs wrote about what triggered the bug in their code.

Cu Selur