This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Increasing Video Quality With Hybrid?
Most of the time I'm using Video Editing software's effects to improve video quality , because there's a preview of what the footage will look like in the end , but I'm wondering if there is/are methods to improve video quality consistently that work every time with Hybrid.
Quote:I'm wondering if there is/are methods to improve video quality consistently that work every time with Hybrid.
If there was such a filter, simply applying it multiple times would always lead to the best possible output.
-> No there is no magic filter which knows what you would consider 'improved video quality' on any given source.

Cu Selur
(18.07.2021, 15:36)Selur Wrote:
Quote:I'm wondering if there is/are methods to improve video quality consistently that work every time with Hybrid.
If there was such a filter, simply applying it multiple times would always lead to the best possible output.
-> No there is no magic filter which knows what you would consider 'improved video quality' on any given source.

Cu Selur

Then how do users apply filters and set values?
Depending on the source and the problems your source has you apply the filters that are best suited for the problem.
When adding a filter you then adjust it's settings by checking it's effect in the (Avisynth/Vapoursynth) preview.
Usually the default values of the filters and the categories they are in should give a starting point.

Problem is: Without knowing what person X perceives as quality improvement, there is no way to say filter x helps. When saying 'quality = information conservation' no filter can really improve quality, as soon as a filter changes the image, some information is lost.

Cu Selur