This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Does overriding settings work?
When adding a command line addition in the Misc tab of an encoder, can it override an existing parameter without conflicting? In my case I want to increase the --lag-in-frames value of aomenc to 35 as it's fairly well known that it's one of the best ways to increase BD-rates, but the parameter for it in the Frame tab has a max setting of 25 and won't accept higher values. Would it be possible to increase the limit if it doesn't behave like I hope?
What the encoder does if a parameter is called twice depends on the encoder. (iirc for x264 and 265 the last call of a parameter will be used)
I can increase the max allowed value of 'lag-in-frames', 25 was just there since I didn't find any documentation about it when I implemented it.
(can build a dev version with the adjustement and send you a link if you tell me what OS you are using)

Cu Selur
(22.07.2021, 15:11)Selur Wrote: What the encoder does if a parameter is called twice depends on the encoder. (iirc for x264 and 265 the last call of a parameter will be used)
I can increase the max allowed value of 'lag-in-frames', 25 was just there since I didn't find any documentation about it when I implemented it.
(can build a dev version with the adjustement and send you a link if you tell me what OS you are using)

Cu Selur

That would be fantastic, but I know Windows 7 is unsupported now. I'm using the latest version and everything seems to be working though, including vapoursynth previews

Edit: Since it seems to work as is, I'd wager a windows 10 build would work
Send you a link via PM.

Cu Selur
Thanks! I'll check it out asap but the encode will probably take a few hours for me
No problem, I changed the max to 250.

Cu Selur
So after installing and attempting to use the dev version, vapoursynth preview failed and so did the encode attempt. Just to double check I looked at the version I was using before and it was the 2021.04.12.1 version and not the latest. The 2021.07.18.1 and 2021.07.17.1 versions also fail as expected.

I'll attach the debug log in case you're interested anyway. I have the KB2999226 mentioned in https://forum.selur.net/thread-1814-page-2.html

In the meantime I'll see if dependency walker shows anything missing

EDIT:

After checking dependency walker, it looks like I'm missing one module and there's two modules with an unresolved export module.

The missing module is

IESHIMS.DLL

And the missing export functions are from

SHLWAPI.DLL          (Function #270)
IEFRAME.DLL           (Function #160, #141, and #159)

I'll look into this and see if I can resolve it
Wild guess is that it's related to vslsmashsource.dll
Try using different versions from:
https://github.com/HolyWu/L-SMASH-Works/releases
https://github.com/AkarinVS/L-SMASH-Works/releases

Cu Selur
After adding IESHIMS.DLL I get an exciting new error:  api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing

After looking it up, it looks as if this is associated with windows 10

EDIT:
Ah, perfect, I'll try that
iirc api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll was only available for Windows 8 and later.

to be use whether it's vsViewer or just the vslsmashsource try to start vsViewer.
if it's vsViewer related: You could also try using the Vapoursynth folder from the older version.

Cu Selur