This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Resizing Question
When downscaling by a larger factor DPIR might be interessting.
Also applying CAS 0.5-0.7 or DetailSharpen might also help to improve things.

Cu Seiur
(08.08.2021, 18:38)Selur Wrote: When downscaling by a larger factor DPIR might be interessting.
Also applying CAS 0.5-0.7 or DetailSharpen might also help to improve things.

Cu Seiur

Sorry for the very late reply. I've been experimenting a lot with the GLSL resizer I mentioned, and I checked out CAS and DPIR again.

CAS of .5 was better than I would expect for sharpening, and DPIR with a Lambda of 1.33 was also pretty good.

the GLSL SSIMD took a fair amount of messing around with, but setting dscale to nearest neighbor of all things manages to really pull out a ton of detail. Unfortunately when blown up ad compared at the same zoom as the original 4k, it just doesn't have the same visual appearance as the source, so I'm still not quite replicating MadVR's SSIMD. The author's apparently tuned it for Mitchell which is understandable, but for now I've decided to stick with the SSIMD you kindly added in earlier. It emphasizes structural features just enough without ringing, aliasing, or anything like that.