This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Is Avisynth worling with Hybrid on Linux?
A few years ago i installed hybrid with a PPA together with a "avisynth-extention". The PPA is outdated and i've downloaded the binaries. When i try to open a avs-file there is the error

Quote:AVSAnalyser: Absolute path for 'avsInfo' not set!

but there is nothing i can change in the "path" settings. there is no "avsinfo" or "avsanalyzer".

Is avisynth still supported under linux? avisynth is working with wine perfect on my system but to with hybrid.
Personally I don't use Avisynth on Linux since: a. it was never stable for me b. Vapoursynth does a better job.
djcj didn't have the time and motivation anymore to take care of his PPA.

That said, in theory it should still work.

Quote:but there is nothing i can change in the "path" settings. there is no "avsinfo" or "avsanalyzer".
is 'avisynthOnLinux' set in your misc.ini?
is 'avisynthExtensionPath' set in your misc.ini?
see: [INFO] *hidden* Hybrid options,...

What output do you get when you start Hybrid from a terminal?

Cu Selur
There is no misc.ini in the hybrid dir but i've created one and enabled avisynth on linux but there is the same error. When i start hybrid in the terminal

Quote:Looking for wine enviroment,...
  wine: /usr/bin/wine
  wineWindowsFolder: /home/reg/.wine/drive_c/windows
  wineWindowsSystemFolder: /home/reg/.wine/drive_c/windows/syswow64
  -> no complete wine environment found,..
  Checking for avisynth extension,...
  support checking on non-Windows systems: true
  wineWindowsFolder: /home/reg/.wine/drive_c/windows
  wineWindowsSystemFolder: /home/reg/.wine/drive_c/windows/syswow64
-> wine system folder /home/reg/.wine/drive_c/windows/syswow64 does not exist!
  -> detected no avisynth extension,..

There is no "avisynthExtensionPath" in the misc.ini because i dont have the extention installed?
Quote:There is no "avisynthExtensionPath" in the misc.ini because i dont have the extention installed?
The 'avisynthExtensionPath' should be set to the path where your Avisynth plugins reside in.
Since you wrote that you got a running Avisynth environment you need to adust that path accordingly.
Additionally inside the plugins folder, you need to create a version.txt with:
as content.

Cu Selur
the same error again. the hybrid version is 2021.07.18.1. i've tried this version also without seccess.

do i need the avsanalyzer or avsinfo? i can see all tool version in config / tools / tool versions and there is no version for avsinfo.
avsInfo is only needed if you feed Hybrid with an Avisynth script as input.
So yes, in your case you need it.
avsInfo has no version, so no version info to find.

Cu Selur
Thats what i want - an Avs script in hybrid. I have still the error that hybrid cant find avsinfo. I cant find a page where i can download the tool. And what the place to copy the tool so that hybrid can find it.
I attached a 32bit avsInfo version, iirc, '/opt/hybrid/'
32bit version should be in "~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32" on 32bit Wine systems and in "~/.wine/drive_c/windows/syswow64" on 64bit Wine systems iirc.
If you look at the terminal output during startup Hybrid does probably output where it's looking for the file and didn't find it.

Cu Selur

Attached Files
.zip   avsInfo.zip (Size: 2,3 MB / Downloads: 94)
The same again.

i have searched the temrinal output when i open hybrid for teh keyword "avs". there is not path where hybrid is searching for avsinfo or avsanalyzer. when i try to open a avs script there are messages:

Quote:Analyzing 'script.avs'.
AVSAnalyser: Absolute path for 'avsInfo' not set!
AVSAnalyser created an empty call!

i have copied avsinfo.exe and the dll in the system32 folder in the wine prefix (its a 32 bit prefix). the misc.ini in ~/.hybrid as that content

Quote:[General]
avisynthOnLinux=true
avisynthExtensionPath="/home/reg/.hybrid-bin/avisynth/avisynthPlugins"

i also tried the avisynth plugin dir in the wine prefix as extention path.

what does that "absolute path" mean?
Absolute path in this context simply means that Hybrid doesn't know an absolute path under which it can find the avsInfo binary.
Close Hybrid, delete the toolInfos.xml inside your settings folder (it's location can be seen under Config->Paths->Infos->Settings path), then start Hybrid from a terminal.

Cu Selur