This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Upscale of YouTube rip
I need to crop and upscale this YouTube clip to 1080p for a documentary I'm working on, and I need the best quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWgwco56Qao

Could the Nnedi3 filter in Hybrid work, with some other filters? 

How do I set the Nnedi3 filter?
Sorry, totally missed this.

Quote:How do I set the Nnedi3 filter?
  • Start Hybrid
  • load your source
  • enable "Crop/Resize->Base->Resize"
  • set "Crop/Resize->Base->Resize->Picture Resize" to your target resolution (may be crop and also letterbox)
  • enable "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Frame->Resize->Resizer"
  • set "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Frame->Resize->Resizer" to "NNEDI3"
  • adjust NNEDI3s inner settings
Note that the main problem isn't the resizing, but that the source is in a horrible state NNEDI3 will not do and restoration work or similar so you would have to filter the source before applying the resizer.
So first you should concentrate on finding the right filters to get rid of as much artifacts as possible while preserving details.

Quote:Could the Nnedi3 filter in Hybrid work, with some other filters?
Sure, you could upscale the video to 1080p and use NNEDI3 in the process.

Looking at the source, my guess is that the resizer itself doesn't really matter since the source has so many compression artifacts, that after general cleaning ther are not much details to keep/enhance during upscaling.
I would probably use DeSpot with a count of 4 and then look at what the different resizers produce as output for the content.
Since it's a youtube and they always reencode uploaded content you might want to contact the poster of the video and ask wether they would be willing to share the source of the video.

Cu Selur