This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

SVT-VP9?
Hi first of all thanks for your great work on your program I use it and also have learned much from it in regards to encoding! My question sir is I see SVT-VP9 included and  yet no way to use it in the gui?  I honestly could not find one gui for it and I use VP9 a fair amount and would be so grateful if you could guide me as to how to use it with your program.  Thanks and I believe it should have Intel hardware acceleration 9/10/11 gen correct? Thanks again!
I planned to support SVT-VP9, but never found the time to implement support for it. (has a low priority for me since a. I use AMD b. I rarely use VP9 c. the tests I made with it showed greater speed, but less quality than vpxenc)
SVT-VP9 does not use the hardware encoder chip, it's just especially tuned for intel cpus, but mainly has tons of AVX2 tuning.
The binary is just copied, from my build environment. Smile

As aside note: Why to you use vp9? (I personally don't have any use for it and I'm curious. Smile)

Cu Selur
Isn't VP8/9 (and theoretically AV1) the only video formats for WebM?
Quote:Isn't VP8/9 (and theoretically AV1) the only video formats for WebM?
yes.
Okay, after looking at https://github.com/OpenVisualCloud/SVT-V...r_guide.md I know why I didn't implement SVT-VP9 support: It's lacking any of the usefuly VP9 features i.e. 10bit and 12bit support, no HDR,...
-> it does and didn't look like it's worth supporting in Hybrid

Cu Selur