This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Using Vidstab fails with error "<temp-file> is too small! (byteSize: 0byte)"
Version: build 20210718-1 from the AUR, on Arch Linux

Hybrid works fine, but when I try to use the Vidstab filter it quickly fails with error message "ERROR: "<temp-file> is too small! (byteSize: 0byte)".

Sidenote: Why is "linear" the default interpolation method in Vistab, instead of "bilinear"? Seems weird to me.
Might be a quote vs. tick issue assuming your ffmpeg version is compiled with vidstab.
Would need a debug output to know.

Quote:Why is "linear" the default interpolation method in Vistab, instead of "bilinear"?
In the transform plugin? Proably because 'linear' was first implemented. Smile

Cu Selur
(06.10.2021, 05:48)Selur Wrote: Might be a quote vs. tick issue assuming your ffmpeg version is compiled with vidstab.
Would need a debug output to know.

Quote:Why is "linear" the default interpolation method in Vistab, instead of "bilinear"?
In the transform plugin? Proably because 'linear' was first implemented. Smile

Cu Selur

Update: Transcoding with Vistab filter actually works, but not together with the FFV1 encoder, if I select x264 with default settings it somehow works just fine.

I now got a debug output.
Seems to be a problem with %TRFFILE% no getting replaced during the job creation.
-> looking into it

Cu Selur
Okay, I know where the problem is.
When vidstab is a 2pass process, when x264&co are used Hybrid has an decoder and an encoder call and then simply copies the decoder call, modifies it and inserts it as an additional pass.
Problem is this doesn't work when there are no separate decoder&encoder calls.
-> I know what the problem is, but it will take some time to fix it. Smile

Cu Selur
Send you a link to a dev version via pm which hopefully fixes the problem. (jobs have to be recreated)

Cu Selur
(07.10.2021, 17:21)Selur Wrote: Send you a link to a dev version via pm which hopefully fixes the problem. (jobs have to be recreated)

Cu Selur

Yes, that version works perfectly fine for my case, thanks a lot for the quick fix!