This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] crash when encoding ac3
#11
(06.09.2021, 18:43)Selur Wrote: No clue why this happens, try whether it works if you rename the 'Le Tombeau des lucioles'-folder to 'Le_Tombeau_des_lucioles'.

Cu Selur

ok, I renamed it to LeTombeaudeslucioles.
Same crash I think.


Attached Files
.zip   HybridDebugOutput.txt.zip (Size: 20,09 KB / Downloads: 10)
Reply
#12
Yes, same crash.
Does this only happen with this source or also with others?

Cu Selur
Reply
#13
I made some new tests, thinking 384kbps was too much, downing to 128kbps, but I got the same crash.

I checked again the ac3 file. Mediainfo states it's an ac3 384Kbps 48Khz 2 channels, which I expected to be.
I listened to the file in vlc and it runs fine. And vlc sees it with the same codec infos.

Ok, I tried something else.
Encoding the ac3 without speed changing, with only a bitrate change from 384 to 320.
It works fine.
So, the problem is in the speed changing.

I don't know if it helps much...
Reply
#14
Sound promising,.. will look into it.
Reply
#15
Okay, good news: I can reproduce the problem. Smile
-> busy atm. but will later look into it some more and since I can reproduce it I should be able to fix it. Smile

Cu Seluir
Reply
#16
Smile  Sounds good to me Smile
Reply
#17
Send you a link to a dev verison which hopefully fixes the issue.

Cu Selur
Reply
#18
Hi Selur,

ok, thanks.
First of all...
I trashed all Hybrid stuff before installing this new version.
I installed MKVToolNix v53 inside to replace the v61.
I started Hybrid, then went to tools to check the versions. I didn't really saw mkvtn, so I cleared the cached tool infos but it didn't change a thing (which is normal, as you said before).
But I got again the same "Can't use mkvmerge without knowing it's version!" problem. I don't understand why... but I did install the three tools manually as usual. It's not a big problem to me but I tell you, "for the record".

I will test ac3 encoding later: need to go diner
Reply
#19
Will look at the version thing tomorrow.
(Strange that his isn't happening in my MacOS VM)

Cu Selur
Reply
#20
(07.09.2021, 19:34)Selur Wrote: Will look at the version thing tomorrow.
(Strange that his isn't happening in my MacOS VM)

Cu Selur

I don't know if it's good but I don't re-install Vapoursynth. I installed it once with the 2021 july Hybrid version.
I don't use VS. I hope it's not a problem for this mkv version thing.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)