This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

OTGMC and KNLMeansCL error
Hi I'm having 2 bugs with hybrid on vapoursynth on Win10 x64. HYBRID 2017.12.25.1

first one is with qtgmc when using opencl:

when using opencl the preset: "custom" does not work. Other presets work just fine. Error message: 

Failed to evaluate the script:
Python exception: No attribute with the name nnedi3 exists. Did you mistype a plugin namespace?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 1830, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript (src\cython\vapoursynth.c:36860)
  File "C:\Users\mmokk\AppData\Local\Temp\tempPreviewVapoursynthFile15_02_22_206.vpy", line 36, in <module>
    clip = havsfunc.QTGMC(Input=clip, Preset="Slower", TFF=False, InputType=0, TR2=1, Sharpness=1.0, SourceMatch=0, Lossless=0)
  File "C:\Program Files\Hybrid\vsscripts\havsfunc.py", line 1114, in QTGMC
    edi1 = QTGMC_Interpolate(ediInput, InputType, EdiMode, NNSize, NNeurons, EdiQual, EdiMaxD, bobbed, ChromaEdi, TFF, opencl)
  File "C:\Program Files\Hybrid\vsscripts\havsfunc.py", line 1388, in QTGMC_Interpolate
    myNNEDI3 = core.nnedi3.nnedi3
  File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 1399, in vapoursynth.Core.__getattr__ (src\cython\vapoursynth.c:29547)
AttributeError: No attribute with the name nnedi3 exists. Did you mistype a plugin namespace?

seems like program should be using needi cl version - some typo or you didn't change something when you added opencl version.

and another one with KNLMeansCL

I'm getting following error:

using knlmeans and using the chroma option the script outputs an error. Without the chroma option it works just fine. Error message:

Failed to evaluate the script:
Python exception: knlm.KNLMeansCL: 'cmode' requires 4:4:4 subsampling!

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 1830, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript (src\cython\vapoursynth.c:36860)
  File "C:\Users\mmokk\AppData\Local\Temp\tempPreviewVapoursynthFile15_04_46_975.vpy", line 39, in <module>
    clip = core.knlm.KNLMeansCL(clip=clip, d=1, cmode=True)
  File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 1722, in vapoursynth.Function.__call__ (src\cython\vapoursynth.c:35000)
vapoursynth.Error: knlm.KNLMeansCL: 'cmode' requires 4:4:4 subsampling!

Both happen regardless of input file.

I also have a question - not really a bug, but a missing feature. I am running dual gpu system - that is integrated intel + dedicated AMD. Now for whatever reason my system sees the Intel GPU as GPU0 and the AMD one as GPU1. In all other programs I use this does not create any problems as I can either specify the gpu or the program detects that automatically, but hybrid wants to keep using the intel IGPU because of the order. Now obviously the dedicated gpu is much faster and most of the time I would prefer to use it versus the intel one. In Avisynth knlmeans I had an option to specify which gpu to use, but in vapoursyth version of knlmeans I have no such option. Is this feature plugin dependent? Does the VS version not have the option to specify the GPU, or is there a setting somewhere in hybrid that I missed that would solve my problem?

Thank you for your time.
Quote:HYBRID 2017.12.25.1
-> does this also happen for you with the current version?
Oh sorry, I didn't realize there is a newer version.

Yes, all the problems are still present in 2017.12.27.1 version.
Will look into it, but this will take a while since I'm busy with something else atm.

Cu Selur
About the device selection: iirc KNLMeansCL does support this in Vapoursynth too, but I just haven't implemented it yet to support it in Hybrid.
Think I fixes all the issues.
Will send you a link to a dev version for testing in a minute or so:

Warning about the dev version (same will be true for the next release for everyone else):
I'm currently rearranging the location of files and testing a new installer, so I would recommend to deinstall Hybrid completely since this will probably break "Global Profiles" and "old Defaults". Specific Profiles (aside from GlobalDataModel) and AV-Combo-Profiles, should still be okay, so you could backup those and copy them back later.

Cu Selur
Unfortunately the new version doesn't seem to be starting up. I'm getting an error:

"This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows" in "".
Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

I did uninstall the previous version of hybrid beforehand.
Seems like a missed a platforms folder somewhere.
Will send you an updated link in a few minutes.

Cu Selur
DOH, it's a typo, rename the 'platform'-folder inside the Hybrid-folder into 'platforms' and it should work. Smile
(Also rename the 'style' folder to 'styles'.)

Cu Selur
After changing the folder name everything seems to be working just fine. Thank you for quick help.