This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

hi - encoding really slow
hi question, is there a way to convert a video faster cuz it's pretty slow. my graphic card it's an nvidia 930 GT so pretty slow and it's no way to change the graphic card it's together on the motherboard. so if you know plz help Happy New Year! 2018!
Quote:Happy New Year! 2018!
to you too Smile

Quote:hi question, is there a way to convert a video faster cuz it's pretty slow
Faster than what? Without knowing anything about the video, your hardware, the settings you are using, it's hard to tell whether you could do anything that would impact the speed noticeably.

Cu Selur
(01.01.2018, 03:27)Selur Wrote:
to you too Smile

Quote:hi question, is there a way to convert a video faster cuz it's pretty slow
Faster than what? Without knowing anything about the video, your hardware, the settings you are using, it's hard to tell whether you could do anything that would impact the speed noticeably.

Cu Selur

i usually convert movies but it's take forever to be done.. setting i use preset=faster,the other preset=ultrafast still slow. ether then that i put the setting normal back but still slow.

(01.01.2018, 04:05)David408 Wrote:
(01.01.2018, 03:27)Selur Wrote:
to you too Smile

Cu Selur

i usually convert movies but it's take forever to be done.. setting i use preset=faster,the other preset=ultrafast still slow. ether then that i put the setting normal back but still slow.
my processor is Intel ® Core i5 -2450M CPU @2.59GHz
RAM 8.00 GB
System Type 64 bit OS
What format are the movies in?
What encoder do you use? (x264? x265?)
From what resolution to what resolution to you encode?
For interlaced content Hybrid by default uses QTGMC, but something like 'Yadif (Avisynth)' will be faster.)
Do you apply any additional filtering? (DeNoising etc.?)

Quote:my processor is Intel ® Core i5 -2450M CPU @2.59GHz
Have you tried QSVEnc as encoder? I'm not totally sure, but your CPU might support it. Assuming you installed the latest drivers for your CPU. (You can run 'QSVEncC.exe --check-features' inside the Hybrid folder in a Windows command prompt to check, whether QSVEncC supports your CPU.)

Quote:System Type 64 bit OS
Windows 7/8/Vista/10?

Cu Selur
(01.01.2018, 10:50)Selur Wrote:
For interlaced content Hybrid by default uses QTGMC, but something like 'Yadif (Avisynth)' will be faster.)
Do you apply any additional filtering?  (DeNoising etc.?)

Have you tried QSVEnc as encoder? I'm not totally sure, but your CPU might support it. Assuming you installed the latest drivers for your CPU. (You can run 'QSVEncC.exe --check-features' inside the Hybrid folder in a Windows command prompt to check, whether QSVEncC supports your CPU.)

Windows 7/8/Vista/10?

Cu Selur
k the encoder that i use is x264. the interlced hybrid content i didn't use it can't find it really. didn't see QTGMC ether. no i did apply Denoising etc.

(01.01.2018, 23:47)David408 Wrote:
(01.01.2018, 10:50)Selur Wrote:
Do you apply any additional filtering?  (DeNoising etc.?)

Windows 7/8/Vista/10?

Cu Selur
k the encoder that i use is x264. the interlced hybrid content i didn't use it can't find it really. didn't see QTGMC ether. no i did apply Denoising etc. nvm it is QTGMC by default what do i need to change ?
Hybrid automatically deinterlaces interlaced input unless one sets inside the encoder that the output should be interlaced.
So if your input is interlaced Hybrid will deinterlace it with QTGMC (Filtering->(De-)Interlace/Telecine->Deinterlace/Telecine Settings->Deinterlacer).
If your content isn't interlaced you are probably not using Avisynth (or Vapoursynth) at all.
So assuming your input isn't interlaced you should probably:
a. use QSVEnc
or
b. use an even faster preset in x264 (there is still 'very fast', 'superfast' and 'ultrafast'; make sure to apply the preset and not just select it.)

Cu Selur
(02.01.2018, 05:49)Selur Wrote: Hybrid automatically deinterlaces interlaced input unless one sets inside the encoder that the output should be interlaced.
So if your input is interlaced Hybrid will deinterlace it with QTGMC (Filtering->(De-)Interlace/Telecine->Deinterlace/Telecine Settings->Deinterlacer).
If your content isn't interlaced you are probably not using Avisynth (or Vapoursynth) at all.
a. use QSVEnc
or
b. use an even faster preset in x264 (there is still 'very fast', 'superfast' and 'ultrafast'; make sure to apply the preset and not just select it.)

Cu Selur

it is set automatically.. alright i give it a try.
(02.01.2018, 06:09)David408 Wrote:
(02.01.2018, 05:49)Selur Wrote: Hybrid automatically deinterlaces interlaced input unless one sets inside the encoder that the output should be interlaced.
a. use QSVEnc
or

Cu Selur

what is Vapoursynth?
is it the same thing as Avisynth?
(02.01.2018, 22:19)David408 Wrote:
(02.01.2018, 06:09)David408 Wrote:
a. use QSVEnc
or

Cu Selur

what is Vapoursynth?
is it the same thing as Avisynth?

tried all setting it's still convert slow i guess i need better graphic card now im stuck with 630m gt graphic card. it's take like 10 hour to convert that long..
if only there a a way to save your process and the next day continue it again 
Vapoursynth is a python port of Avisynth. Hybrid uses a 64bit version of Vapoursynth and a 32bit version of Avisynth.
Vapoursynth can handle high bit depth way better than Avisynth and is faster for multi core systems (4+ cores).
Since your encoding is already so slow Vapoursynth might not be an improvement.

Quote:if only there a a way to save your process and the next day continue it again
Putting Windows in hibernation might work,...

Only way to speed things up on your hardware is probably to use a faster preset.

Cu Selur