This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

MKV Conversions with Subtitles
Hi there
One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to convert MKV files to MP4 and keep the Subtitles intact?
(18.10.2021, 01:56)williamduffy Wrote: Hi there
One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to convert MKV files to MP4 and keep the Subtitles intact?

Easy mate!!

[Image: XO55FCu.png]

Check like screenshot

Claudio
(18.10.2021, 03:36)Cauptain Wrote: I had done all of that already. However, I didn't click the + sign.

Thanks
(18.10.2021, 01:56)williamduffy Wrote: Hi there

Easy mate!!

[Image: XO55FCu.png]

Check like screenshot

Claudio
@Cauptain: I think williamduffis struggling on why he's missing the stylings in when using .ass and similar subtitles
@williamduff:
Note that the subtitle support for mp4 is really limited.
Especially the subtitles support the way it is implemented in player basically is just a simple text/xml format.
-> you got basically no styling.

So if you got extensive .ass subtitles or similar you Hybrid converts them to that basic format (ttxt, see: https://github.com/aureliendavid/gpac/wi...umentation) and then muxes the subtitles to mp4.
Yes, this drops all styling, but it's the only way possible in mp4.

For pgs subtitles Hybrid converts the subtitles to .idx/.sub since that are the only picture based subtitles supported by mp4 as far as I know.
idx/sub subtitles are used directly.

So what can you do?
  • live with how it is
  • convert your subtitles with an external tool to .ttxt (Subtitle Edit probably works, not sure whether it does .ass->.ttxt)
  • convert your subtitles with an external tool to .idx/.sub (Subtitle Edit probably works, not sure whether it does .ass->.idx/.sub) subtitles
  • write or find a small command line tool which can be used for free and runs on Windows, Linux and Mac and share it with me so I can integrate it into Hybrid (one can dream Wink)
  • embed/hardsub the subtitles (if it makes sense in your case and you only have one subtitle stream)

Cu Selur