This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Weird tear or noise issue while using Vapoursynth
Hi there,

This is what I'm using:
  • Windows 10
  • Hybrid rev 2021.07.18.1
  • Vapoursynth(Interframe/SVP 60fps)
  • Source video fps(30.93 fps)

I've tested 3 different filter "No XSynth", "Avisynth" and "Vapoursynth" to double the framerate, only "Vapoursynth' does the best performance to my video(it has smooth motion like 60fps), "No XSynth" and "Avisynth" looks like still 30fps even the framerate has set to 60fps.

There is no bug happened while outputing the video. Just a question to the performance while the video has a speedy motion scene, there has some tear or noise after filtering:

[Image: T3WtnUi.png]

"No XSynth" and "Avisynth" almost has no issue like this(actually a little, but it would not worse like this).

Here are 2 images for the configuration I used, the other settings are still default:

_______1st image_______
Only 3 changes here
  1. Enable Frame Interpolation and use Interframe/SVP
  2. Set FPS to 60
  3. Set Tuning to Smooth
[Image: JRHl3qg.png]

_______2nd image_______
Only 2 changes
  1. Change the Bitrate from 1500 to 10500
  2. AVC Profile/Level set from 4.1 to 5.1
[Image: mlZjFOQ.png]

Is there a way to avoid this issue?
I would need to see the actual script (Vapoursynth Script View) or a debug output of the Vapoursynth Preview, to actually know what filters&co are used.
Assuming that scenshot was taken with vsViewer both sides should use the same source filter for decoding and the artifact is caused by the interpolation.
(Thus changing the source filter wouldn't help.)
Only way to then lessen or get rid of the artifacts would be to tweak the settings of SVP/Interframe or use another interpolation method.

Cu Selur
(11.11.2021, 12:18)Selur Wrote: I would need to see the actual script (Vapoursynth Script View) or a debug output of the Vapoursynth Preview, to actually know what filters&co are used.
Assuming that scenshot was taken with vsViewer both sides should use the same source filter for decoding and the artifact is caused by the interpolation.
(Thus changing the source filter wouldn't help.)
Only way to then lessen or get rid of the artifacts would be to tweak the settings of SVP/Interframe or use another interpolation method.

Cu Selur

About the comparison image, the image was taken from the preview feature in Hybrid.

As your suggestion, I tried a different interpolation method such as MVToolsFPS and FrameConverter, the higher Blocksize(32 and 64) can help to solve the issue.

The output video is now look better than previous one.
Happy, you found a solution. Smile

Cu Selur