This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Help with fixing grain artifacts
Sorry Im dumb lol I forgot to give permissions

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19SV0BN9...sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SLZeubI...sp=sharing
Got the files.
Now the question is what you mean when you write:
Quote:the problem, its those grain streakes appearing on the edges.
May be cycle the problematic area in your screenshots with in a paint tool. Smile

aWarpSharp and some deblocking would be the first things I would look into

When using Vapoursynth and trying to figuring out the effect of filters it helps to enable "Filtering->FilterView" and use "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Split View->FilterView Placement->Interleaved".
Not really knowing what you are aiming for, I attached examples where I did some aggressive deblocking.

Cu Selur
Thanks for the suggestion, that looks kinda like what I want. Also I have a different question if I may. For sharpening HD anime footage that was shot on film and scanned out of focus and looks really soft, is aWarpSharp2 the best tool to sharpen it and make it look like it was in focus with as little artifacting as possible? Or should I use something else or some other sharpening filter combined with aWarpSharp2?
No clue whether aWarpsharp is the best filter to use, for some clips may be for others probably not.
For simple animes more likely than for complex more modern content.
Line darkening and clever denoising and deblocking usually is a good idea when handling anime/cartoon content.

Cu Selur