This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Job crashed with x265 preset ultrafast and animation
Hello,
I think I found out another problem, when i set x265 (with default hybrid profile) use ultrafast preset and tune Animation the job crashed.

Attached log.

Edit: It resolve if i change Motion -> Sub-pixel precision to 1
(x265 fault?)
Also seems that the --psy-rdoq 0.4 of tune animation is not always applied
Hmm, debug output doesn't really show an error aside from that the encoder aborted with "exitcode -1073741819".
That said I can reproduce the issue here and I get:
x265 [info]: HEVC encoder version 3.5+21-428400bf5
x265 [info]: build info [Windows][GCC 11.2.0][64 bit] 10bit
x265 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast LZCNT SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX FMA3 BMI2 AVX2
x265 [error]: Lookahead depth must be greater than the max consecutive bframe count
x265 [error]: x265_encoder_open() failed for Enc,
x265 [error]: Failure generating stream headers in x265
Funny thing is that if I use '--tune animation' instead of "--bframes 5 --psy-rd 0.40 --deblock=1:1" encoding works.
(https://x265.readthedocs.io/en/stable/pr...#animation)
Alternatively one could add '--rc-lookahead 6'.

Yes, I thing this is a bug in x265 as it should automatically adjust the rc-lookahead since it wasn't specified in the default settings.
-> I'll adjust Hybrid to make sure that the rc-lookahead is always > b-frame count (not >= b-frame count as it is atm.)

Cu Selur
Send you a link to a dev verison which should fix/workaround the issue.

Cu Selur
(30.12.2021, 17:38)Selur Wrote: Send you a link to a dev verison which should fix/workaround the issue.

Cu Selur

I confirm that now it works  Smile