This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

NVEncC is not working with latest drivers properly
Version packed with Hybrid distribution package is not working with the latest drivers for NVIDIA - mode "Use encoder only" is crashing.
This seems to be fixed in NVEncC version 5.42.
Thanks for the info.
Hello, I'm not sure if my problem is related to this, but I'm being unable to encode anything.
Hybrid keeps crashing for unknown reason, here is the debug file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FrJvF59...sp=sharing
Can you please help? Thanks!
From the looks of it your encoding fails since Vapoursynth fails, which is probably since you didn't deinstall Hybrid and reinstalled the new version while updating from a Hybrid version which used Vapoursynth with API3 to the current Vapoursynt that uses API4.
In case you did deinstall Hybrid before installing the current version check the Vapoursynth Preview to see where the problem is with the script.

Cu Selur
(26.01.2022, 18:28)Selur Wrote: From the looks of it your encoding fails since Vapoursynth fails, which is probably since you didn't deinstall Hybrid and reinstalled the new version while updating from a Hybrid version which used Vapoursynth with API3 to the current Vapoursynt that uses API4.
In case you did deinstall Hybrid before installing the current version check the Vapoursynth Preview to see where the problem is with the script.

Cu Selur

Thanks for the quick reply!
I tried the reinstall and the problem remains.

Here is the script problem
p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }

Failed to evaluate the script:
Python exception: lsmas: failed to open file.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 2832, in vapoursynth._vpy_evaluate
File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 2833, in vapoursynth._vpy_evaluate
File "D:\Hybrid\Temp\tempPreviewVapoursynthFile13_55_12_217.vpy", line 32, in
clip = core.lsmas.LibavSMASHSource(source="G:/2000528_ORIGINAL_PRORES_1080_Glauces_Suite_1080Glauces_Suite.mov")
File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 2580, in vapoursynth.Function.__call__
vapoursynth.Error: lsmas: failed to open file.
Okay, so the issue it that LibavSMASHSource can't open/decode the source file.
When you disable 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Source->Prefer LSMashSource over LWLibAVSource for mp4/mov' Hybrid should try using 'LWLibAVSource' instead and if you also disable ''Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Source->Prefer LWLibAVSource over FFMpegSource2' Hybrid will use ffms2.
If none of these work than either your input file is in a format not supported by libav, it's borken or for something is hindering the source filter to open the file.

Cu Selur
(26.01.2022, 19:03)Selur Wrote: When you disable 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Source->Prefer LSMashSource over LWLibAVSource for mp4/mov' Hybrid should try using 'LWLibAVSource' instead and if you also disable ''Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Source->Prefer LWLibAVSource  over FFMpegSource2' Hybrid will use ffms2.

This worked! Thanks Selur! Big Grin
Which one did?
(27.01.2022, 17:02)Selur Wrote: Which one did?

Disabling 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Source->Prefer LSMashSource over LWLibAVSource for mp4/mov' and making Hybrid use 'LWLibAVSource' instead.

It took 8h to complete and it didn't use much GPU, but maybe that was because of my choice of filters:
> QTGMC deinterlace (very slow, OpenCL on)
> DFTTest (default values)
> HQDering (default values)
> CAS (sharpness 0,850)

Source is a PRORES 422hq 52min 43s duration file of 73GB file (1620x1080p 29.97 200mbps).
My machine is Ryzen 7 2700 32gb ram on a Geforce 1660 gpu.

Cheers and thanks!
Happy tha worked out and yes QTGMC 'very slow' is slow and using open cl accellaration is often more about freeing some cpu ressources than speeding up things a lot.

Cu Selur