This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Indexer didn't create: ffindex
Apple OS 12.0.1
Hybrid 2021.12.12.1

Can anyone help with this? I am trying to de-interlace an AVI file.

Thanks,
The used source filter does not seem to support the format of you .avi file.
Normalls ffms2.Source should be able to decode "dvvideo". No clue what the issue is. (opened a few dv files here without a problem)
If you can share a small file that causes this issue, I or other users can at least say whether this is a general problem of the source filter, or whether this is somehow related to your system (or MacOS).

Cu Selur
It is also happening with every other file. Strange!
That really is strange, since ffms2.Source usually shouldn't be used for every file.
-> Does this also happen with mov, mkv, mp4, ts files?
Checking the Vapoursynth Script View is ffms2.Source always used?

Cu Selur
It seems to be happening with all jobs now. Just tried a Prores .mov file.
Again ffms2 is used.
Seems like the filter broken somehow.
May be reinstalling the Vapoursynth filters helps,..
Also does calling:
"/usr/local/bin/ffmsindex" -f -t 0 "/Volumes/Drobo/MyJobs/SEVERIN/-FUTURE/Severin- Cliff Twemlow/TARGET EVE ISLAND/SUPPLIED/Eve Island from VHS CompleteSound.avi" "/Volumes/Drobo/Hybrid/Hybrid-Temp/2022-01-17@18_45_13_6610.ffindex"
inside a terminal show any errors?
I've re-installed Hybrid but I still get the same error.

I was unable to run these commands, Terminal doies not recognise them.

6. Disable quarantine for Hybrid, DV2Witch and the Vapoursynth filters.

Open Terminal and call the following commands:

sudo xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/vapoursynth/*
sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/Hybrid.app/
sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/D2VWitch.app/

xattr: /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/vapoursynth/dotkill64.dylib: No such xattr: com.apple.quarantine
Quote:I was unable to run these commands, Terminal doies not recognise them.
That is one command.
"/usr/local/bin/ffmsindex" is hardcoded for MacOS and should be added by the installer,...
You could also download it from https://www.mediafire.com/folder/wvdlnja...cajx3o6114 and extract the ffmsindex file into /usr/local/bin/ and libffms2.dylib into the /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/vapoursynth/ folder.
I am still getting the same error.

Is this correct?

I have placed ffmsindex in:

Macintosh HD/Users/MyUsername/bin/ffmsindex

------

libffms2.dylib into the /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/vapoursynth/

This file was already present.
Quote:Is this correct?

I have placed ffmsindex in:

Macintosh HD/Users/MyUsername/bin/ffmsindex
No.
"/usr/local/bin/ffmsindex" is a totally different location,...

Cu Selur