This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Problems with bitrate in the latest version of the program
Made a dev version which should fix the issue, send you a link via pm.

As side notes:
  • you workflow seems borked.

You deinterlace to 29.97fps and thus throw away potentially half of the motion data.
    Then you interpolate to 59.94 which requires to guess the motion data you through away.

Either:
    • if your source is telecined (do not trust the source flags, look at the content properly!, at least comercial DVDs are nearly always telecined and not interlaced)
      You should ivtc to 23.976 and then interpolate to your target frame rate.
      or
    • bob deinterlace from 29.97 to 59.94 and thus avoid unneeded interlation artifacts. (and be faster with the processing)

• Why are you using Avisynth? Vapoursynth should be a faster.

Cu Selur
I tested the version from the PM link - is working correctly
Thanks for the feedback, happy that worked.

Cu Selur
(27.01.2022, 17:21)Selur Wrote:
  • You deinterlace to 29.97fps and thus throw away potentially half of the motion data.

I do not do this. I have japanese dvds with NTSC and 29.97fps

(27.01.2022, 17:21)Selur Wrote:
    • bob deinterlace from 29.97 to 59.94 and thus avoid unneeded interlation artifacts. (and be faster with the processing)

• Why are you using Avisynth? Vapoursynth should be a faster.

Cu Selur

I want to smooth the image

(27.01.2022, 17:21)Selur Wrote: Why are you using Avisynth? Vapoursynth should be a faster.
habit
Quote:I do not do this. I have japanese dvds with NTSC and 29.97fps
and by doing a same rate deinterlacing you throw away half of the motion information,...
What QTGMC does is interpolate each field to a frame and thus creating 59.94fps content, by not using bob-mode half of those interpolated frames are dropped. Smile

Cu Selur