This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Successfully converted: 4K HDR to 4K 60FPS 8 Bit SDR but now it plays in slow motion
Hello,

I am converting 4K UHD HDR File to 8 bit 4K SDR @ 60 frames/sec. After conversion video colors look and sounds are fine but the new video file is now playing in slow motion (at a slowed rate of speed probably at around 0,5x of its original speed)

I wanted to ask you maybe you know how to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards
Quote:I wanted to ask you maybe you know how to fix this issue?
No details about the input.
No details about your settings
-> no clue what you are doing, but if the playback is slow then it might be that you changed the frame rate from for example 24/25/50/30fps to 60fps just by changing the frame rate flag and not by creating new frames,...

Cu Selur
(03.02.2022, 17:54)Selur Wrote:
-> no clue what you are doing, but if the playback is slow then it might be that you changed the frame rate from for example 24/25/50/30fps to 60fps just by changing the frame rate flag and not by creating new frames,...

Cu Selur

I am using Vapoursynth and am converting 23 fps video  into 60 fps in Vapoursynth / frame interpolation / Interframe 60 fps. I am not sure why the video plays in slow motion after conversion, other videos that I converted were converted ok.
(03.02.2022, 20:23)4K@60FPS Wrote:
(03.02.2022, 17:54)Selur Wrote:

Cu Selur

I am using Vapoursynth and am converting 23 fps video  into 60 fps in Vapoursynth / frame interpolation / Interframe 60 fps. I am not sure why the video plays in slow motion after conversion, other videos that I converted were converted ok.
My input is: UHD 4K HDR file 23 fps but I want the output of the same video in 60 fps to 4K SDR 8 BIT. I am using these settings:  Vapoursynth / frame interpolation / Interframe/ 60fps smooth;  Vapoursynth /color/ HDR10 to SDR; x264 5.2, bitrate 35000 kbs. 

Other UHD 4K HDR videos that I converted were fine but others  after conversion played only in slow motion, I am not sure what's the problem Sad
Without a debug output or a file to reproduce I would guess:
a. source if vfr
b. source if strangely/wrong flagged
both can cause Hybrid to detect the frame rate wrong.
(or it'a decoding issue)
-> read the sticky provide a debug output and I can at least see in it what Hybrid is doing with your input.
(also if you do hdr->sdr you hopefully also enabled some tone mapping method)

Cu Selur
(04.02.2022, 18:01)Selur Wrote: Without a debug output or a file to reproduce I would guess:
a. source if vfr
b. source if strangely/wrong flagged
both can cause Hybrid to detect the frame rate wrong.
(or it'a decoding issue)
-> read the sticky provide a debug output and I can at least see in it what Hybrid is doing with your input.
(also if you do hdr->sdr you hopefully also enabled some tone mapping method)

Cu Selur

Hello again,

Thank you for your reply. I am posting the link of clip of the "input file" that I am trying to convert and run into slow motion problem that I mentioned. Maybe you can advice me on the correct Hybrid settings to convert it properly to the output of: SDR 8 bit 4K@60FPS.  

LINK to the original video (cut clip) that I am trying to convert: https://easyupload.io/lx0kc6

Thanks you for your time.

Regards

Link:
Tonemapping:
Filtering->Vapoursynth->Color->HDR to SDR->HDR10toSDR seems to do a fine job at default values. (but you could use any of the hdr -> sdr filters an tweak their settings)
Using Filtering->Vapoursynth->Color->Matrix->TimeCube can also produce nice results (usually faster), but when going HDR->SDR there are tons of different ways and looks. Wink

Frame Interpolation:
Filtering->Vapoursynth->Interframe/SVP with 60fps, GPU and tuning smooth is okay. (artifacts probably could be lessened by tuning the settings. (see: https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Manual:SVPflow)
(Rife would probably produce less artifacts, but it can only double the frame rate. (TorchRIFE can to higher multipliers, but only full number mutipliers,.. author of FramerateConverter if planing to look into properly using RIFE in FramerateConverter, but until that is finished Interframe is for you probably the best solution.)

Then you could also do some denoising etc. (proably best before the frame interpolation; for example mClean)

Encoding settings make sure that the frame rate in the x264 call is correct, iirc I fixed an issue a few days ago in my dev version which could cause the frame rate in the x264 call to be wrong. (since you didn't read the sticky, didn't provid a debug output, I can't tell whether this is your problem)
Hybrid should automatically adjusted the color matrix in the bui settings to bt709.

Cu Selur

Ps.: with enough gpu power or time one could also use dpir or other ml based stuff for denoising if one wanted to get rid of all the grain&co:
[Image: dpir-15.png]
TemporalDegrain can also archive similar results.
with denoising, degrain it's all about personal preferences.
Thank you for the reply. I currently  am using specific file size/bitrate 2 pass encoding mode. Do think I should try converting using other modes to help me solve a "slow motion problem" that am having?

specific filesize/bitrate (2pass) is a two pass encoding mode ment to for people who aim for a specific filesize/bitrate and still want the best quality.  (command line match: --pass 1 --bitrate X; --pass 2 --bitrate X)
specific filesize/bitrate (2pass) is a two pass encoding mode ment to for people who aim for a specific filesize/bitrate and still want the best quality.  (command line match: --pass 1 --bitrate X; --pass 2 --bitrate X)

(04.02.2022, 22:27)4K@60FPS Wrote:
(04.02.2022, 21:38)Selur Wrote: Tonemapping:
Filtering->Vapoursynth->Color->HDR to SDR->HDR10toSDR seems to do a fine job at default values. (but you could use any of the hdr -> sdr filters an tweak their settings)
Using Filtering->Vapoursynth->Color->Matrix->TimeCube can also produce nice results (usually faster), but when going HDR->SDR there are tons of different ways and looks. Wink

Frame Interpolation:
Filtering->Vapoursynth->Interframe/SVP with 60fps, GPU and tuning smooth is okay. (artifacts probably could be lessened by tuning the settings. (see: https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Manual:SVPflow)
(Rife would probably produce less artifacts, but it can only double the frame rate. (TorchRIFE can to higher multipliers, but only full number mutipliers,.. author of FramerateConverter if planing to look into properly using RIFE in FramerateConverter, but until that is finished Interframe is for you probably the best solution.)

Then you could also do some denoising etc. (proably best before the frame interpolation; for example mClean)

Encoding settings make sure that the frame rate in the x264 call is correct, iirc I fixed an issue a few days ago in my dev version which could cause the frame rate in the x264 call to be wrong. (since you didn't read the sticky, didn't provid a debug output, I can't tell whether this is your problem)
Hybrid should automatically adjusted the color matrix in the bui settings to bt709.

Cu Selur

Ps.: with enough gpu power or time one could also use dpir or other ml based stuff for denoising if one wanted to get rid of all the grain&co:
TemporalDegrain can also archive similar results.
with denoising, degrain it's all about personal preferences.

Thank you for the reply. I currently  am using specific file size/bitrate 2 pass encoding mode. Do think I should try converting using other modes to help me solve a "slow motion problem" that am having?

I am posting output video which clearly shows the problem after video was already converted.

Link to converted output file: https://easyupload.io/spzter
re-read what I wrote,..
Encoding mode has nothing to do with playback speed.
Also your post is not readable at all due to the full-quote and formating you chose.
Will not look at output video. Don't care about it since it will not tell me how it was created.
Will look at your post (tomorrow) if you mange to properly format it and remove the full quote,...

Cu Selur
(04.02.2022, 22:35)Selur Wrote: re-read what I wrote,..
Also your post is not readable at all due to the full-quote and formating you chose.
Will not look at output video. Don't care about it since it will not tell me how it was created.
Will look at your post (tomorrow) if you mange to properly format it and remove the full quote,...

Cu Selur
Thanks I understand. 

I am not sure where exactly Hybrid keeps all of its logs and detailed information about each file and its conversion. I wish I knew so I could post you all the detailed info about the problem that I am having.....

Regards

(04.02.2022, 23:04)4K@60FPS Wrote:
(04.02.2022, 22:35)Selur Wrote: re-read what I wrote,..

Cu Selur
Thanks I understand. 

I am not sure where exactly Hybrid keeps all of its logs and detailed information about each file and its conversion. I wish I knew so I could post you all the detailed info about the problem that I am having.....

Regards
MAYBE you mean this:

This log is only intended for user information. It should not be part of a bug/problem report!!
Hybrid: homepage
Forum: public forum
Regarding problems please read: needed infos
Donate: via PayPal
This log is only intended for user information. It should not be part of a bug/problem report!!
Detected the following cards which seem to lack NVIDIA PureVideo support:  AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT
No card found that's supported by nvenc, the CUDA encoding library. -> Removing CUDA based encoding support. Card name was compared against: https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus
    Avisynth+ is available,..
    Vapoursynth is available,..
  added new job with id 00_00_28_2810
  added new job with id 00_44_59_1410
  added new job with id 01_08_19_6910
  added new job with id 01_09_14_9810
  added new job with id 01_22_00_0310
  added new job with id 07_15_39_4110
  added new job with id 13_24_19_0710
  added new job with id 14_58_51_4010
  added new job with id 15_47_58_5810
  added new job with id 16_18_26_6310
  added new job with id 17_48_24_6110
  added new job with id 19_21_55_9810
  added new job with id 19_44_46_3210
  added new job with id 21_03_52_8810
  added new job with id 22_57_27_8210
Current defaultOutputPath: is empty!
-> Set it under Config->Path
Finished initialization, finished after 12.402s
Filtering input files,..
Analysing 1 input files,...
Analyzing 'Rocky.IV.1985.Ultimate.Directors.Cut.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.HDR.HEVC-TEPES (1).mkv'.
Checking a/v ids with FFMpeg VideoAnalyser,...
  Analyzing Rocky.IV.1985.Ultimate.Directors.Cut.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.HDR.HEVC-TEPES (1).mkv,...
Grabbing audio ids for C:\60 FPS MOVIES\Rocky.IV.1985.Ultimate.Directors.Cut.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.HDR.HEVC-TEPES (1).mkv.
-> Found the following audio ids: 0
Analyzing audio streams,...
  Analyzing audio stream with id '0'.
  Analyzing audio stream with MPlayer AudioAnalyser for id '0',...
  Grabbing audio data and delay infos,...
  Grabbing video ids,...
  -> Video ids found: 0
Analyzing video streams...
  Analyzing video stream (0).
starting auto routines for source number: 1
Not using InterFrame since input (25) is less or equal target (25) fps!
-> finished auto routines for source number: 1
Input is completely analysed,...
Creating job for current source
-> Creating jobs for source: (1)
-> Generating calls for: C:\60 FPS MOVIES\Rocky.IV.1985.Ultimate.Directors.Cut.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.HDR.HEVC-TEPES@60fps.mkv
  adding x264 calls for source: 1
  createJobs for C:\60 FPS MOVIES\Rocky.IV.1985.Ultimate.Directors.Cut.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.HDR.HEVC-TEPES@60fps.mkv
  creating audio subjobs,...
  creating attachment extraction subjobs
  creating video subjobs
  creating muxing subjobs
  optimizing the subJobs
-> finished creating subjobs for current source
  added new job with id 22_58_00_8410
-> should be there after processing: C:\Users\donat\AppData\Local\Temp\iId_1_aid_0_lang_en_DELAY_23ms_22_58_00_8410_01.eac3
starting 22_58_00_8410_01_audio@22:58:00.877 - C:\60 FPS MOVIES\Rocky.IV.1985.Ultimate.Directors.Cut.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.HDR.HEVC-TEPES@60fps.mkv
finished after 00:00:00.682
-> should be there after processing: C:\Users\donat\AppData\Local\Temp\Rocky.IV.1985.Ultimate.Directors.Cut.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.HDR.HEVC-TEPES@60fps_22_58_00_8410_04.stats
starting 22_58_00_8410_04_video@22:58:01.567 - C:\60 FPS MOVIES\Rocky.IV.1985.Ultimate.Directors.Cut.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.HDR.HEVC-TEPES@60fps.mkv
finished after 00:00:20.282
-> should be there after processing: C:\60 FPS MOVIES\Rocky.IV.1985.Ultimate.Directors.Cut.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.HDR.HEVC-TEPES@60fps.mkv
starting 22_58_00_8410_06_muxing@22:58:21.892 - C:\60 FPS MOVIES\Rocky.IV.1985.Ultimate.Directors.Cut.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.HDR.HEVC-TEPES@60fps.mkv
finished after 00:00:00.901
delete C:\Users\donat\AppData\Local\Temp\Rocky.IV.1985.Ultimate.Directors.Cut.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.HDR.HEVC-TEPES@60fps_22_58_00_8410__05.xml
delete C:\Users\donat\AppData\Local\Temp\iId_1_aid_0_lang_en_DELAY_23ms_22_58_00_8410_01.eac3
Job 22_58_00_8410 finished!
Creating job for current source
-> Creating jobs for source: (1)
-> Generating calls for: C:\60 FPS MOVIES\Rocky.IV.1985.Ultimate.Directors.Cut.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.HDR.HEVC-TEPES@60fps.mkv
  adding x264 calls for source: 1
  createJobs for C:\60 FPS MOVIES\Rocky.IV.1985.Ultimate.Directors.Cut.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.HDR.HEVC-TEPES@60fps.mkv
  creating audio subjobs,...
  creating attachment extraction subjobs
  creating video subjobs
  creating muxing subjobs
  optimizing the subJobs
-> finished creating subjobs for current source
  added new job with id 22_59_55_6110
-> should be there after processing: C:\Users\donat\AppData\Local\Temp\iId_1_aid_0_lang_en_DELAY_23ms_22_59_55_6110_01.eac3
starting 22_59_55_6110_01_audio@22:59:55.640 - C:\60 FPS MOVIES\Rocky.IV.1985.Ultimate.Directors.Cut.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.HDR.HEVC-TEPES@60fps.mkv
finished after 00:00:00.646
-> should be there after processing: C:\Users\donat\AppData\Local\Temp\Rocky.IV.1985.Ultimate.Directors.Cut.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.HDR.HEVC-TEPES@60fps_22_59_55_6110_04.stats
starting 22_59_55_6110_04_video@22:59:56.293 - C:\60 FPS MOVIES\Rocky.IV.1985.Ultimate.Directors.Cut.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.HDR.HEVC-TEPES@60fps.mkv