This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

4K HDR10 TO 4K SDR with the most accurate colors
Hello,

I hope you doing alright. 

I want to convert HDR10 video to SDR 8 bit video and to get the best color accuracy and also eliminate HDR greyish filter which I usually get after HDR10 to SDR 8 bit conversion where the video has all of colors but they kind of looked greyed (like during a very cloudy day Big Grin

I wanted to ask you to give me the best configuration settings for Vapoursynth/Color/HDR10toSDR tab. 
Which color location and target settings  should I use to get  the most accurate color reproduction when converting from HDR10 video to SDR 8 bit video?

Thank you.

Best Regards
There is no best.
You need to decide per source which methods you like most.
There is no standard which writes 'this is HDR to SDR as it should be used'.
Whether its using one of the HDR2SDR filters (adjust the filterst, do not simply stick to their defaults!) or a HDRtoSDR LUT.

Cu Selur
Hello, again

Thanks but how do I know which settings are the best.

I want to color to pop more and remove grayish filter.
Not sure which settings will help me?

Regards.
Use the Vapoursynth Preview.