This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

"found no video or audio data in input" for everything -- Debian
hmm, i tried this with both env.sh and env.csh but no difference...
Strange,...
don't have much time today, but I compiled a new dev version (send you a link via pm) which allows to disable library loading by adding:
[General]
vsNoLibraries=true
to a misc.ini file (see: [INFO] *hidden* Hybrid options,... for where the misc.ini can be located)

Cu Selur
thank you!

I'll check it out and report back in a little bit--
Now i'm getting

"qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: xcb."

I know I've seen this before, but doesn't happen with the version of the binary that I just replaced...
No clue why the new binary would require something different, since it was build with the same libraries&co.
Have you read https://forum.selur.net/thread-1669.html and the connected threads? iirc the xcb problem was related to the used vnc solution.

Cu Selur
In this case I haven't even been trying to launch it through a VNC, just from the command line, even without X11 forwarding (usually that looks like this with the binary from the downloads section:  

qt.qpa.screen: QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display
Could not connect to any X display.)

with QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS=1 I'm getting:

Detected '/home/cody/Downloads/hybrid/misc.ini',...
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/home/cody/Downloads/hybrid/plugins/platforms" ...
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/home/cody/Downloads/hybrid/plugins/platforms/libqxcb.so"
Found metadata in lib /home/cody/Downloads/hybrid/plugins/platforms/libqxcb.so, metadata=
{
    "IID": "org.qt-project.Qt.QPA.QPlatformIntegrationFactoryInterface.5.3",
    "MetaData": {
        "Keys": [
            "xcb"
        ]
    },
    "className": "QXcbIntegrationPlugin",
    "debug": false,
    "version": 329989
}

Got keys from plugin meta data ("xcb")
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/home/cody/Downloads/hybrid/platforms" ...
Cannot load library /home/cody/Downloads/hybrid/plugins/platforms/libqxcb.so: (/home/cody/Downloads/hybrid/plugins/platforms/../../lib/libQt5XcbQpa.so.5: undefined symbol: _ZN11QFontEngine14bitmapForGlyphEj6QFixedRK10QTransform, version Qt_5_PRIVATE_API)
QLibraryPrivate::loadPlugin failed on "/home/cody/Downloads/hybrid/plugins/platforms/libqxcb.so" : "Cannot load library /home/cody/Downloads/hybrid/plugins/platforms/libqxcb.so: (/home/cody/Downloads/hybrid/plugins/platforms/../../lib/libQt5XcbQpa.so.5: undefined symbol: _ZN11QFontEngine14bitmapForGlyphEj6QFixedRK10QTransform, version Qt_5_PRIVATE_API)"
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Before it ever tries to connect to the X display...

I think this has something to do with a Qt version problem
Hybrid isn't meant to be used without a display so without any forwarding etc. it's not surprising that it doesn't work.
About the xcb issue, read the other thread. I think the users who had the issue before fixed it by using another vnc / remote desktop solution.

Cu Selur
No, of course I realize it's not going to work without any forwarding-- generally I've been using Xpra and it's been working great... on the old binary.  I was just pointing out the differences between the two-- with the one from downloads I can get into the GUI with no problems using Xpra, or forwarding with "ssh -Y user@host" but with the new one it throws the xcb error, and it does so before ever trying to interact with the forwarding method.

I'll see if there's some way I can upgrade my Qt installation.