This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Frame corruption during encoding
[Image: snapshot-06-41-050.png]

Recently I have been encountering such effects in some places of the video after using filters and encoding (VCEEnc) the video. How to fix it? The frame is damaged for no apparent reason. Thanks!

Constant bitrate and variable bitrate are equally bad. (Adaptive quantization, off/on, same)

VCEEnc --y4m -i - --codec h265 --vbr 9500 --max-bitrate 10000 --ref 0 --motion-est q-pel --profile main --level 6.1 --tier main --level auto --vbv-bufsize 20000 --slices 1 --sar 1:1 --fps 25.000 --output-file
That seems like either:
a. the used decoder has some issued with the source
or
b. the encoder is broken somehow
or
c. the source already has this defect
(or d. there is an issue with the hardware, overclocked gpu can cause hardware encoders to work in that way)
with the give info there is no way to reproduce the effect.

Cu Selur
(30.03.2022, 18:43)Selur Wrote: That seems like either:
a. the used decoder has some issued with the source
or
b. the encoder is broken somehow
or
c. the source already has this defect
(or d. there is an issue with the hardware, overclocked gpu can cause hardware encoders to work in that way)
with the give info there is no way to reproduce the effect.

Cu Selur

What other information should I provide? It doesn't crash with an error. It's just that a problem appears in the file itself. The source file does not have this, the problem occurs after processing. I will try another encoder on the processor, see if there will be something similar.
Does the corrupted frame show in the Vapoursynth Preview (assuming you use Vapoursynth filtering)?
If it does, does it still show if you:
a. disable the filters
b. use a different source filter.
If it does not show in the preview, my guess would be a heat or memory issue which could have multiple sources.

Cu Selur
Thanks! When using another encoder, there is no such problem. Apparently the problem is in the encoder.
This is not shown in the preview. I recently updated the graphics card driver, maybe there is a problem with these somehow.