This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

problem in avi file solved?
Hi, I'm using hybrid 2017.3.6.1 which is generally good.However, there may be problems in avi and xvid videos. For example delay values do not work for avi files. I've written here about this and you said that you reported a bug to ffmpeg official site. Is there any update on this?
You probably mean:
http://forum.selur.de/topic1457-i-cant-p...files.html
-> see: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/1349
doesn't look like ffmpeg fixed it, not sure whether I found a workaround.
Best try with the latest version. Smile

Cu Selur
they usually brake something when they try to fix something else. Thats why I dont want to use the latest version Smile

btw, I use the program you suggested to rip all my movies. thnx a lot.
Question 
Let me ask one more thing. I can give delay without a problem to the files that I rip with megui which also uses the ffmpeg library. Is it maybe hybrid related?
Afaik MeGui doesn't use ffmpeg. It does use ffms2 which uses the ffmpeg library, but those are not the same.
Also: Did you try using Hybrid, because last I checked Hybri used mencoder when a negative delay is used (as a workaround)
-> So the problem has not been fixed by the ffmpeg team but I added a workaround,..
It causes trouble when I rip movies over 3 hours with Mencoder. thats why it would be great if ffmpeg fixed this problem. I guess they didnt care.
Have you tried the latest Hybrid version?
Hybrid should nowadays automatically fix the delay in the audio stream by cutting the audio using delaycut,...

Cu Selur
I also added an additional option with allows to use ffmpeg to remove the negative audio delay.
-> will be available in the next release (next weekend)

Cu Selur