This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Error when the source video is from DVD
It seems that Hybrid, this software cannot process successfully with DVD source video of any.

The DebugOut file is provided.

Thank you!
Looks like you disabled deinterlacing, but you are not encoding interlaced,...
Sorry, should have added some checks to prevent this.
------
offline 02.-07. July, https://www.rockharz-festival.com/ Big Grin
(25.01.2018, 17:35)Selur Wrote: Looks like you disabled deinterlacing, but you are not encoding interlaced,...
Sorry, should have added some checks to prevent this.

Is it some kind of bugs? Or should I do something before encoding?
The current combination of settings seem to be wrong, but without a clue what you intended I can tell you what you should do.
The bug in Hybrid ist that it should have prevented that combination to occur.
------
After another look (not using a mobile).
You got a source that is detected as interlaced, which Hybrid would normally deinterlace.
You deactivated the deinterlacing, thus Hybrid assumes that the source is interlaced, but you don't want to deinterlace.
You additionally didn't tell the encoder that the output should be interlaced, so the encoder might also mess up.
This is messed up. Deactivating the deinterlacer itself isn't a problem, but you should either tell Hybrid that the source isn't interlaced or tell the encoder do encode interlaced.
That aside there seems to be a bug in Hybrid handling interlaced content with filters that can only handle progressive input.
-> will look into it, but even if I fix this your output will probably be broken.

Cu Selur
------
(25.01.2018, 21:30)Selur Wrote: After another look (not using a mobile).
You got a source that is detected as interlaced, which Hybrid would normally deinterlace.
You deactivated the deinterlacing, thus Hybrid assumes that the source is interlaced, but you don't want to deinterlace.
You additionally didn't tell the encoder that the output should be interlaced, so the encoder might also mess up.
This is messed up. Deactivating the deinterlacer itself isn't a problem, but you should either tell Hybrid that the source isn't interlaced or tell the encoder do encode interlaced.
That aside there seems to be a bug in Hybrid handling interlaced content with filters that can only handle progressive input.
-> will look into it, but even if I fix this your output will probably be broken.

Cu Selur

Normally hybrid would automatically determine to deinterlace the video if it needs to be deinerlaced, if I am not mistaken. So, for now, I have to manually set it to be deinterlaced ? Is it a bug that only for DVD source video because it would be no problems if the sources were interlaced but they were not DVD source video like tv recording videos?
By default Hybrid determines if the source needs to be deinterlaced, but if you disable the auto deinterlacing and your source is interlaced, you should either:
a. tell Hybrid that the detection was wrong and the source isn't interlaced
b. tell Hybrid to output interlaced content.
also there is a bug with handling this case when Vapoursynth is used, which I will fix, still your output will probably come out 'broken' is you encode interlaced content progressively. Smile

Cu Selur
------
(26.01.2018, 06:11)Selur Wrote: By default Hybrid determines if the source needs to be deinterlaced, but if you disable the auto deinterlacing and your source is interlaced, you should either:
a. tell Hybrid that the detection was wrong and the source isn't interlaced
b. tell Hybrid to output interlaced content.
also there is a bug with handling this case when Vapoursynth is used, which I will fix, still your output will probably come out 'broken' is you encode interlaced content progressively. Smile

Cu Selur

I just tried to use the dev version and my DVD source video still could not be encoded.( Still not touched anything on the deinterlace setting)

The error message seems different.

Besides, I just checked my DVD source video, and the scan type is Progressive, not interlaced.

Here is the DebugOut file and video info below.
Did you deinstall any previous version and all the settings, because now it crashes since vspipe has no path,...
->
------
(26.01.2018, 14:47)Selur Wrote: Did you deinstall any previous version and all the settings, because now it crashes since vspipe has no path,...
->

I just used uninstall.exe in the previous Hybrid folder and selected clear all the setting data, and installed your dev version of Hybrid afterthat.
Is this correct?

(26.01.2018, 14:47)Selur Wrote: Did you deinstall any previous version and all the settings, because now it crashes since vspipe has no path,...
->

When it still got error few hours ago, I closed the application and left the message to you...

And supprisingly, I don't know what's going on...but I just retried the encoding, and it works and no error occured.

It seems fine for now. I would still try again later.