This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Why is KNLMeansCL slowing me down so much
I forgot to mention that when I did re-install Windows, I updated all of my drivers before installing any programs. I kept doing Check For Updates, installing whatever showed up, and restarting the computer when needed until clicking that wouldn't show any new drivers. Just bringing it up since one hypothesis was that updating a driver broke compatibility or something.
Then I have no clue what you could have changed that broke the OpenCL support and causes KNLMeansCL suddenly to only be able to run without GPU support.

Cu Selur
How about my steps here
https://forum.selur.net/thread-2655-post...l#pid15933

Am I doing everything correctly from the guide? Maybe one of those steps is the reason for my troubles.
How should I know whether you are following the guide correctly? Huh
You could also try if anything changes if you remove your amd gpu from the system and just use the intel gpu.
I was referring to the two lines that it has me add into the Registry. Are those lines accurate for all systems or is there something I'm supposed to find within that "see the cl_khr_icd OpenCL extension for more details"
The file you link to there must exists,...
From my point of view it seems that the extension started using OpenCL capability which is not supported by this GPU
What I could gather:
  • Last KNLMeansCL (https://github.com/Khanattila/KNLMeansCL/releases) version is from 2018 and Hybrid hasn't changed it's code related to it even longer.
    Starting 2015 KNLCMeansCL required at least OpenCL 1.2 support. -> you can try whether using the 0.6.11 version helps with your problem.
  • It's normal that 'CPU' mode doesn't work on non-Intel system, since AMD dropped CPU support for OpenCL.
  • I attached a small .exe which one can run from a Windows Command prompt and that should list the OpenCL capable devices.
  • To run OpenCL on Intel CPUs one needs the Intel® CPU Runtimes for OpenCLâ„¢ Applications, note that this is really slow and will run OpenCL on the CPU not the GPU which might be on the CPU chip.
    Even old NVIDIA Kepler-cards (and newer) are way faster than running OpenCL an Xeon systems.

I still can't properly explain why KNLMeansCL suddenly stopped working on your system, my only guess is that the drivers on your system changed.

Cu Selur