This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

How to remove the "original frame rate" tag?
Some episodes of the Simpsons have a tag for "original frame rate" in the DVD file which is carried over into the Hybrid output file.
This is causing issues on my Roku when the actual frame rate is different than the original frame rate.

Is there an option in Hybrid to not include the tag for original frame rate in mkv?

It looks like this in MediaInfo
Frame rate                               : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS
Original frame rate                      : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Original frame rate is the frame rate in the video stream.
(MediaInfo: 'Frame rate' <> frame rate signaled by the container, 'Original frame rate' <> frame rate signaled by the stream itself)
To get rid of it (by changing it to the container fps, while keeping the container fps) one would have to change the bit stream.
Hybrid does not support changing the bit stream on remuxing.
You could remux the file using ffmpeg and use it's bitstream filter (https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-bitstream-filters.html).

Cu Selur
So when I apply the setting 'scale output frame rate' under speed settings to 29.97 it's not actually changing the video frame rate, it's just a container flag?
Quote:So when I apply the setting 'scale output frame rate' under speed settings to 29.97 it's not actually changing the video frame rate, it's just a container flag?
No, that only works when reencoding, and then the frame rate of the stream should change.
If it does not that's a bug.

Since you didn't really share any details on what you are doing I'm just guessing what is happening.
-> share proper details if you want a better assessment. Smile

Cu Selur
Actually this might have been fixed. 

The problem file was processed on Hybrid 2021.12.10.1

I just ran it again on Hybrid 2022.03.20.1 and the flag is no longer there.
Okay, so I consider the problem 'solved by updating'. Big Grin

Cu Selur