This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Two issues with 4K HDR
I've got two separate issues converting a 4K 10-bit HEVC HDR .mt2s file to .mkv.

The first issue arises if I utilize the UHD-Bluray button under the x265 menu. I receive two prompts: 1 " Notice: You are muxing a true-hd audio stream into a .mkv container: -> If the stream contains an ac3 core, this action will remove it."

Second Prompt: "Error is "UHD-Bluray only support 23.976/24/25/50/50.94/60 as frame rate not 23.976!" Encode stops.

Second error is if I disable the UHD-Bluray button I used above and use all the same settings I receive "1 " Notice: You are muxing a true-hd audio stream into a .mkv container: -> If the stream contains an ac3 core, this action will remove it."

and then

"tsMuxeR audio extraction call generation called with empty audio ID" Encode stops.

I'm sure I have a setting messed up somewhere but I can't find it.

I've attached logs for both issues.
Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
Quote:The first issue arises if I utilize the UHD-Bluray button under the x265 menu. I receive two prompts: 1 " Notice: You are muxing a true-hd audio stream into a .mkv container: -> If the stream contains an ac3 core, this action will remove it."
That is an info from Hybrid to warn you that you are throwing away the ac3 core. No error.
mkv does not support multi-streams -> complain to the folks that create the mkv specification.

Quote:Second Prompt: "Error is "UHD-Bluray only support 23.976/24/25/50/50.94/60 as frame rate not 23.976!" Encode stops.
Will look into it. Seems like for some reason 24000/1001 is not detected the same as 23.976.

For the future: Don't post the normal logs,.. there is a reason that they start with:
Quote:This log is only intended for user information.
It should not be part of a bug/problem report!!

Cu Selur
I got past the TsMuxer issue, however I'm still having crash issues.
Quote:x265: unrecognized option '--radl'
x265 is too old.
'radl' is part of x265 since 2017-12-22
-> Will send a PM to djcj to update the x265 version that comes with the repository.

Cu Selur
Same thing happens on Win10 64 bit

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This should be fixed in the 2018.02.03 release,.. -> did you try that release?
That is the version I am using.
Clean install
x265 v2.6 is the latest release and from November 2017. Should I release a current snapshot?
@djcj: yes,I always use the latest git revision when building the Windows and Mac packages.
Ya I'm running the latest version of hybrid. My x265 is 2.5-2, there is no update available for 2.6 in my Synaptics Package Manager. I've downloaded the tar.gz x265 however I always struggle installing those things. I'm not very good with Ubuntu yet.