This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

How to ingest only metadata ?
Lightbulb 
Hello Selur,

How to do you add only metadata to a video file, like author, copyrights, etc, bypassing audio AND video ?
I have tried with a mp4 and aac sound but the application is telling me that aac can’t be in this container with mp4…
My file come from Davinci Resolve to be uploaded for YouTube. To preserve the sound quality I have chosen a good codec. But your app don’t like it.
By the way, is there a way to not analyse the file and just bypass the video and audio stream adding directly metadata ?
Marc
Quote:I have tried with a mp4 and aac sound but the application is telling me that aac can’t be in this container with mp4…
aac should work fine in mp4 (does here without issues)
-> my guess is that you are doing something other than would you wrote

Quote:How to do you add only metadata to a video file, like author, copyrights, etc, bypassing audio AND video ?
No clue how you would add metadata to video while bypassing any video handling.

Quote:By the way, is there a way to not analyse the file and just bypass the video and audio stream adding directly metadata ?
You can't skip the analysis of the file, but you can skip reencoding and just adding additional meta data, by
(skipping subtitle handling here)
  • settings Base->Processing->Video to passthrough
  • settings Base->Processing->Audio to 'passthrough (all)'
  • enabling Base->Tabs->Tagging, and setting the stuff you want in the Tag-Tab (make sure to add stuff to Tag-Queue)

Cu Selur
Thank you for answering.
You may suggest I was doing things I am not reporting=> not at all.
The only mistake I have done is on the audio, it's PCM 24bits/48kHz.
I have retried exactly with your instructions, even resetting all, and I got always the same error message:
  • Error in audio job creation: Format PCM is not allowed for mp4 output!
On the log console: 
  • 2022-05-31@11_12_44_3310_02_muxing finished after 00:00:05.156 with exitCode -1073740940
  • Crashed with exit status 1
  • -> 2022-05-31@11_12_44_3310_02_muxing crashed: Crashed with exit status 1

For your information, it works with FFmpeg, but I don't understand this bug.

Any idea to help me ?
About "Format PCM is not allowed for mp4 output!":
That is correct, by the .mp4 standard PCM audio is not supported.
mov, mkv, avi do support pcm audio, mp4 does not.
If ffmpeg allows this it creates non-standard-conpliant files, which Hybrid will not do.

About the error:
Since I can't see a debug output
-> Read the sticky, provide proper info.

Cu Selur