This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

SVT-AV1 VBR and constrained VB
SVT-AV1 when choosing VBR and Constrained mode, does not encode video, instantly it is going to 100% finished , and video comes out with an empty video track.
Plus i wanted to say. When choose "Encoding Mode: Constrained Variable" in down console its setting for --rc=2, but rc=2 in svt-av1 documentation is Constant Bitrate.

Quote:The rc token sets the bitrate control encoding mode [0: Constant QP OR Constant Rate Factor, 1: Variable Bitrate, 2: Constant Bitrate].
Seems like more changed than I noticed,...

when using rc 2 I get:
Svt[warn]: CBR Rate control is currently not supported for PRED_RANDOM_ACCESS, switching to VBR
Svt[error]: Instance 1: Adaptive quantization can not be turned OFF when RC ON

-> will look into it
send you a link to a new dev version for testing via pm

Cu Selur