This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Problem with DVD
On my Mac. I'm trying to add a DVD, but Hybrid seems to be freezing when "Collecting structure data for title 03".

Any suggestions?

On another DVD rip inpiut source, Hybrid seems to also be greying out when I select the crop options.
Last thing in the log it YHbrid calling:
/Applications/Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/lsdvd -x -t 2 /Volumes/Drobo/Hybrid/Nasties-IN/TV News - DVD-R Rips NEW/boxOfBanned copy/VIDEO_T
No clue why this call doesn't come back.
Calling
/Applications/Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/lsdvd -x -t 1 /Volumes/Drobo/Hybrid/Nasties-IN/TV News - DVD-R Rips NEW/boxOfBanned copy/VIDEO_T
seems to work fine.
Looking through the rest of the analysis, MPlayer reports 'There are 3 titles on this DVD.', but it also reports:
libdvdread: Couldn't find device name.
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_0.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_0.BUP failed
libdvdread: Can't open file VTS_03_0.BU.
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_0.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VTS_04_0.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VTS_05_0.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VTS_06_0.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VTS_07_0.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VTS_08_0.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VTS_09_0.IFO failed

So my guess atm. is that there is something wrong with the third dvd titles and lsdvd kind of gets stuck on it.
The only solution I see atm., is to remux the dvd using mkvtoolnix or makemkv into an mkv before converting it with Hybrid.

Since none of my DVD has this issue, I suspect it's a problem with the input.
What files are present in the "/Volumes/Drobo/Hybrid/Nasties-IN/TV News - DVD-R Rips NEW/boxOfBanned copy/VIDEO_TS" folder?
Maybe I could add another check into Hybrid to see whether VTS_XX_0.IFO exists when calling lsdvd (or something similar).

Cu Selur
--- mainly offline 20.-26 of May ---
DVD 1 contents:

VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VIDEO_TS.VOB
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_02_0.BUP
VTS_02_0.IFO
VTS_02_0.VOB
VTS_02_1.VOB
VTS_02_2.VOB
VTS_02_3.VOB
VTS_03_0.BUP
VTS_03_0.IFO
VTS_03_0.VOB
VTS_03_1.VOB
VTS_03_2.VOB

DVD 2 contents:

VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VIDEO_TS.VOB
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_0.VOB
VTS_01_1.VOB
Quote:On another DVD rip inpiut source, Hybrid seems to also be greying out when I select the crop options.
Last thing in the log I see is that Hybrid called:
"/Applications/Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/mplayer" -noframedrop -speed 100 -quiet  dvd://1 -dvd-device /Volumes/Drobo/Hybrid/Nasties-IN/TV News - DVD-R Rips NEW/100824_1631-CLEAN/VIDEO_TS -nosound -vo null -ao null -nosub -fps 25/1 -frames 12 -vf framestep=I,cropdetect=24:4 -ss 74
and at least in the log did not return.

Quote:DVD 1 contents: ...
Okay, the files for title 2 and three are there, so no clue what's wrong with them.
This also kills the 'workaround' idea to check for the file existance.
-> your best bet are mkvtoolnix or MakeMKV to repackage to mkv before feeding the file to Hybrid.

Cu Selur
Trying the same DVD rips on a PC, and I'm getting "enforce ffmpeg is enabled for dvd input - create de-bug output and contact author"
You seem to have attached the wrong DebugOutput.
In this posted debug output 'S:\LastHorrorFilm\El Monte De Las Brujas, avi sin comprimir.avi' and a few other files are converted.
No DVD input.

Cu Selur
I changed top Mod4  crop and it is now OK.