This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

E-AC3 & m2ts !?!
HELLo,

In a nutshell, hybrid is being utter utter utter stuborn Sleepy .  It refuses to mux an mkv into m2ts (passthrough → no re-encode), ALL because of 1 e-ac3 audio file (format e-ac3 is not allowed bla bla bla Sleepy ) !!!! 

Rest asure i know what iam doing, tsmuxer stand alone does it just fine, my sony bluray stand alone player accepts e-ac3 audio in any shape, color or form!!!
So who knows how to force hybrid to sing another tune and force it to comply to my needs, without to have and re-encode the already eac3 file once again ? ... pretty please.. Big Grin 

urs truly,

ToiletDuck
You can't force Hybrid. (requires that the checks are changed and that the muxing call in tsMuxeR call is adjusted)
If you share a (small!) sample of such a file, I can try to reproduce and fix the issue. (after work today)
Also, you should share what OS you are using, so I can share a dev version with the fix with you once I fixed it.

Cu Selur
(11.10.2022, 05:03)Selur Wrote: You can't force Hybrid. (requires that the checks are changed and that the muxing call in tsMuxeR call is adjusted)
If you share a (small!) sample of such a file, I can try to reproduce and fix the issue. (after work today)
Also, you should share what OS you are using, so I can share a dev version with the fix with you once I fixed it.

Cu Selur

The reason i wanted this to work with hybrid is so that i can use the batch process, to convert mkv files strait into m2ts to create bluray structured episode disks later on.

Iam not sure how relevant any OS is regarding to this matter !? Me don't think any creature alive on this earth is still using windows xp for video editing nowdays!
But anyhow, my current OS build is Win10pro Build 21H2 / 19044.2075

I have upped ↓ a sample, enjoy Big Grin

Sample vid "e-ac3+h264"

cheers,
TD
OS matters since Hybrid is available of MacOS and Linux too and a Linux dev version might not be really helpful to you. Smile
Got the file, compiled and uploaded a dev version and send you a link via PM. (will be up ~24hrs)

Cu Selur
(11.10.2022, 17:49)Selur Wrote: OS matters since Hybrid is available of MacOS and Linux too and a Linux dev version might not be really helpful to you. Smile
Got the file, compiled and uploaded a dev version and send you a link via PM. (will be up ~24hrs)

Cu Selur

Iam happy to say that the build you have sended me, created the m2ts files with the much coveted eac3 audio file Rolleyes

but what i have noticed is that Hybrid extract all the content first , and afterwards merges everything to the new container!!
Isn't there a way it does convert an mkv to m2ts in one step , much like TSmuxer does ? 
Or does Tsmuxer do that pretty much in the same way behind the scenes when it compiles an ts file from mkv?

I ask to minimize the read/write process as much as possible to save time. 

One thing though, hybrid did an great job creating ts file, but it didn't set / kept the default flag for forced subtitles to play automatically !?
Just fyi, not an big deal.. would be great if we live in an perfect world...  Angel   BUT allas, you win some loose some..  Dodgy

P.S: Point well taken about the "OS" thingy Sleepy
Oh and, will you implement the "eac3" fix to any other revisions of hybrid from this point forward (knocking wood) ?

Edit 1:  So yes, i have checked out why the ts file wouldn't play the default subtitle automatically.  I guess this only applies only to mkv output files..  Would be great if it could be set for ts files aswell, else i have to do that for every file manually in a BD author software ...

Urs truly,
T.D inc.
No, there is no way for Hybrid to handle audio&video at the same time, since it's designed to not do that.
If minimal read/write is your goal, then Hybrid is the wrong tool to use.

Hybrid does not keep any force language tags, since I never needed it and when I added support for m2ts in Hybrid tsMuxeR didn't have an option of it. Smile
Hybrid does atm. only support setting default/forced tracks for mkv and even that is disabled by default. (can be enabled under Config-YAutomation->Matroska Settings)
-> I could probably add support for it to m2ts muxing too.

Cu Selur
(11.10.2022, 20:13)Selur Wrote: No, there is no way for Hybrid to handle audio&video at the same time, since it's designed to not do that.
If minimal read/write is your goal, then Hybrid is the wrong tool to use.

Hybrid does not keep any force language tags, since I never needed it and when I added support for m2ts in Hybrid tsMuxeR didn't have an option of it. Smile
Hybrid does atm. only support setting default/forced tracks for mkv and even that is disabled by default. (can be enabled under Config-YAutomation->Matroska Settings)
->  I could probably add support for it to m2ts muxing too.

Cu Selur

Pitty, i get it... But it would be nice if hybrid would be developped to do that JUST and SOLELY for TS files .. Big Grin 

I have thought as much, that the default forced tracks only applies to mkv/mp4 files..

if you "COULD" add support for "M2TS" that would be revolutionary , would be At wesome Shy 

Urs truly sincere,
T.D
Quote:Pitty, i get it... But it would be nice if hybrid would be developped to do that JUST and SOLELY for TS files
won't happen.

Had a quick to at the forced track pass-through (assuming it's enabled under 'Config->Automation->Matroska Setting' or the subtitle queue entry is adjusted to reflect this).
Going to bed now, but send you a link to a dev version which sets the ', default' info in the tsMuxeR metaData accordingly.

Cu Selur
(11.10.2022, 21:36)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Pitty, i get it... But it would be nice if hybrid would be developped to do that JUST and SOLELY for TS files
won't happen.
Never say never my dear, wishfull thinking Big Grin
Maybe an feature from a spin-off → Hybrid-TS Big Grin

(11.10.2022, 21:36)Selur Wrote: Had a quick to at the forced track pass-through  (assuming it's enabled under 'Config->Automation->Matroska Setting' or the subtitle queue entry is adjusted to reflect this).
Going to bed now, but send you a link to a dev version which sets the ', default' info in the tsMuxeR metaData accordingly.

Cu Selur

I can choose and select which subtitles i wish to keep in automation.  But the strange thing is i CANNOT set and enable/force an particular subtitle by default at automations tab !?
There's an sub section where i can adjust/modify the default/forced behavoir for specific subtitels that has been extracted.

Btb, i have DL & installed Hybrid for the 3rd time today.  The subs are kept whitin the new created m2ts, i noticed subs are forced / enabled in media player but no subtitles are playing untill i select one myself !!

Also, i get an popup info window now right after i hit the button to add an new job (see attachment)

Thanks anyway,

cheers,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:Also, i get an popup info window now right after i hit the button to add an new job (see attachment)
Argh, forgot some debug output. Will look at it after work today.

Quote:I can choose and select which subtitles i wish to keep in automation. But the strange thing is i CANNOT set and enable/force an particular subtitle by default at automations tab !?
No, there is no option to force or default something in the config->automation tab.

Quote: i noticed subs are forced / enabled in media player but no subtitles are playing untill i select one myself !!
Okay, so Hybrid seem to set the 'default' info:
see: https://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/blo...s/USAGE.md -> Additional parameters for PG and SRT tracks -> default
but reading https://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/issues/626 I'm not so sure what it actually does,...

=> looks like there is no way to force those subtitles through tsMuxeR.

Cu Selur