This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

SSA Subtitle format !!
Hello,

This is pretty much the same problem like i have had with an audio format before !!

I try to convert an mkv file with ass subtitle format, but as soon i try to add the job i get the message ssa format not supported !!  But hybrid does extract the subtitle, but doesnt mux it into m2ts once again !!

Any i dIdea how to work arround that , without to have and export the ssa as pgs through subtitle software ?

cheer,
td
Hybrid can't convert .ass subtitles to PGS, since afaik none of the tools Hybrid uses can do that.
iirc. PunkGraphicStream, Spp2Pgs, avs2bdnxml, easySUP and SubtitleEdit can do it, but I have no experience with them, no clue whether they also work on Linux/Mac and since I personally don't really have any use for it, I doubt I will add support for it.

Cu Selur
(13.10.2022, 15:02)Selur Wrote: Hybrid can't convert .ass subtitles to PGS, since afaik none of the tools Hybrid uses can do that.
iirc. PunkGraphicStream,  Spp2Pgs, avs2bdnxml, easySUP and SubtitleEdit can do it, but I have no experience with them, no clue whether they also work on Linux/Mac and since I personally don't really have any use for it, I doubt I will add support for it.

Cu Selur

thanks for the confirmation.

Srt → pgs works though...  But then again, srt are just text files not complicated graphical subtitles.

But yes, Tools like SE or BDsupToSub for DVD extracted subs mainly is very usefull for corrections like framerate, line height, color palets, etc etc...  
Already done all the subs manually anyway in the meanwhile, walk in the park Big Grin

One other thing though, now hybrid doesn't detects AAC audio files in mkv/mp4 files i load, which results in Vidoe ONLY output files !!
The popup message tells me "i have added an job whit an empty audio queue" Dodgy  !!

have to workarround this by using Avidemux to transcode just the audio (not video / passthrough) to a more acceptable standard !!! 
very cumbersome working that way !!  Else i need to use vidcoder to encode both A/V instead !

And i wos looking forward to use hybrid to try out the huge video filter library Rolleyes

Thanks anyway,
cheers,
td
Quote:One other thing though, now hybrid doesn't detects AAC audio files in mkv/mp4 files i load, which results in Vidoe ONLY output files !!
Tried this here, loading a bunch of mkv and mp4 files with aac. Audio detection worked fine.
-> share a small sample of a file where aac audio is present, but Hybrid doesn't detect it and I can look into it.

Cu Selur
(13.10.2022, 17:16)Selur Wrote:
Quote:One other thing though, now hybrid doesn't detects AAC audio files in mkv/mp4 files i load, which results in Vidoe ONLY output files !!
Tried this here, loading a bunch of mkv and mp4 files with aac. Audio detection worked fine.
-> share a small sample of a file where aac audio is present, but Hybrid doesn't detect it and I can look into it.

Cu Selur

just pm'd the video sample , enjoy Cool .

td,
Got the video sample and here audio is detected without issues.
Did you perhaps enable pre-filtering of the audio inputs through Config->Automation?

Cu Selur
(13.10.2022, 18:41)Selur Wrote: Got the video sample and here audio is detected without issues.
Did you perhaps enable pre-filtering of the audio inputs through Config->Automation?

Cu Selur

Yes, you are right... allots of options...
But that's not the reason, read on why...!

Question, do i have to configurate about every setting and save it to custom profile in hybrid before i import/load an video file for conversion ?
I mean, does hybrid only apply the chosen settings prior to loading the video file, and can't be adjusted after the clip is imported?

I have double checked it, and it seems hybrid doesnt apply the changes i make after i have imported the video file !

Also, occassionally i get that "empty audio" message whitout having changed any settings anywhere !! 
When i import the mkv file, and emediatly try to add an new job using the very same settings on other succesfull conversions.
I get that message again, everything gets accepted only when i swap from custom to passthrough and back to custom in base tab for some reason !?

So yes, have you tried to import the sample file while the base settings for audio conversion are already set to custom and good to go before you add an new job ?
That's when i get that pesky "audio" message !! ... Now it works, but only when i move back and forward with the profiles in base tab for every other file imported! 

I have also noticed hybrid doesnt remember last settings at restart such as default output path, or video / audio conversion settings at base tab!?  Yes base tab again..!?

Update: For some reason Hybrid refuses to use and apply the audio profile i have created to convert audio, and instead extract and mux the aac file (passthrough) !?! 
Sometimes it encodes the audio AND video just fine, but most of time not ...!??

It does encode de video track always though !!

Update 2: It seems when i choose "Add all" in the base tab to process the audio tracks , hybrid always accepts the format and applies my custom audio transcode settings every time.

Only "custom" option for audio gives me and hybrid an headache Blush

Update 3:  I regret to say this but there are quite some problems with hybrid !!

For some reason the imported videos all of sudden have an delay of -250ms no less !!  The videos play perfectly in sync, no problems wotsoever with the source files.
Also, every time i have to fill in the delay , delete the command line hybrid puts there, and add it myself with the correct delay timings !!

Then lastly, there something terrible wrong with the m2ts files created by hybrid  !!! 
when i add the ts files in Tsmuxer stand alone rev.2.6.12, i get LOTS AND LOTS of "bad sei" errors while remuxing the thing with as result TSmuxers abruptly aborts the process !!  Moreover, i CANNOT DEMUX and extract the content/tracks from that m2ts !!!  

Rebuilding, insert or ignore SEI & VIU DATA in TSmuxer does't help either.  Errors keeps popping up!!

Again, sorry to be the bringer of bad news.

But all in all Hybrid is an promising software package.
Beside the audio delay i manually have to correct, and chose mkv container because of the BAD TS files else.  Hybrid creates nice results else.

The TS errors ↓ Sad

[Image: bad-sei-detected.png]

Take care,
cheers,
td
Some general advice in regard to loading presets&co:
Make sure to reload and save your presets from time to time.
Especially older presets might not work if they did not get updated, by loading them, checking them and resaving them.

Quote:I have also noticed hybrid doesnt remember last settings at restart such as default output path, or video / audio conversion settings at base tab!? Yes base tab again..!?
Yes, if you want Hybrid to automatically save the defaults, you have to tell it to do that. (Config->Profiles->Auto save defaults)

The information you gave isn't detailed enough to reproduce what you are doing.
Read the sticky regarding what is needed. And create a new and separate debug output for each of your problems.
Without a debug output and/or a sample with a step-by-step guide on how to reproduce the issue, there is nothing I can do.

So yes, have you tried to import the sample file while the base settings for audio conversion are already set to custom and good to go before you add an new job ?
Having "Base->Processing->Audio" set to 'custom' and loading a source will not add any audio to the audio queue.
This is correct.
Quote:custom: enables the Audio-tab, where you can manually choose the audio and how it should be processed by adding it to the audio job queue.
-> the user is responsible for adding stuff to the audio queue manually.

Cu Selur
(14.10.2022, 05:23)Selur Wrote:
Quote:I have also noticed hybrid doesnt remember last settings at restart such as default output path, or video / audio conversion settings at base tab!?  Yes base tab again..!?
Yes, if you want Hybrid to automatically save the defaults, you have to tell it to do that. (Config->Profiles->Auto save defaults)

I never would have thought i need to take that extra step! 
Because usually, software remembers last settings or warns the user about the changes that have been made and ask to save it before closing the program!

(14.10.2022, 05:23)Selur Wrote: The information you gave isn't detailed enough to reproduce what you are doing.
Read the sticky regarding what is needed. And create a new and separate debug output for each of your problems.
Without a debug output and/or a sample with a step-by-step guide on how to reproduce the issue, there is nothing I can do.

would a debug and report file suffice, with an short description of various issues in an new thread or pm?
Iam talking about mainly the Audio delay after opening it in hybrid not before !  And "corrupt" m2ts output files though!

(14.10.2022, 05:23)Selur Wrote:
So yes, have you tried to import the sample file while the base settings for audio conversion are already set to custom and good to go before you add an new job ?
Having "Base->Processing->Audio" set to 'custom' and loading a source will not add any audio to the audio queue.
This is correct.
Quote:custom: enables the Audio-tab, where you can manually choose the audio and how it should be processed by adding it to the audio job queue.
-> the user is responsible for adding stuff to the audio queue manually.

Yes, appearantly i have overlooked the entry line in the audio tab  !!  The reason why i get that audio popup window in base tab, is because that window wos empty / no entry !!

Anyhow, the biggest issue is the AUDIO DELAY !!  Even when i correct the delay in hybrid by using the preview feature first. 
Hybrid creates an perfectly synced mkv.. not an TS file because of the errors/"corruption" afterwards that i have mentioned of. 

The mkv play just fine, untill i put it into an m2ts container using TSmuxer !!!!!  

Doing that results in an small delay and is the A/V not in sync by usually an couple hundred ms, not more !!! 

So, mkv plays perfectly fine in sync untill i put it in an m2ts container !?!? Weird !!

Iam trying to figuring out if it has something to do with the subtitles / pgs binding !! 

Even though the fps of the subtitles is the same as that of the video track and play in sync through subtitle software !?!

It's the FIRST time ever in my life i have had these kind of weird A/V sync issues !!

Thanks for the support

cheers,
td
A debug output of the analysis of the file during opening is probably enough to see where the audio delay comes from.
Since the output is an mkv, it might be vfr and just not detected as such by MediaInfo.
Or it's vfr and the time codes simply get dropped since I know of no way to add mkv time codes to m2ts output.

Cu Selur