This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Cleaning up Jerky DVD content To 1080p
For the fun of it, i want to bring an update to this thread   Big Grin 

My main goal wos to clean up old TV episodes from a DVD source to 1080p 24p bluray standard. 

I wanted to cleanup flaws like jerky playback (skips, jumps in panned scenes) mainly !

That's why I started that other thread to ask for help with interpolation filters (interframe/svp) & sync problems as a result of that!

But instead of offering help I was pushed aside in a rude manner !

Again, when you read some one's post and read that interpolation filters are used, one should have an idea what the person is trying to accomplish without bothering the person about debugging files this , details that etc etc... !
Not that it is an big deal for me to post em, i simply didn't tought of that ... None the less, iam the bad guy here !!

And fyi,using interpolation filters to fix stuttering/jerky/choppy playback was the wrong approach to begin with Rolleyes !

Here i am again telling you, i (myself) have finaly found the perfect combination of filters & settings to achieve my goal .. by trail and error...

All it took wos 3 filters to cleanup and convert pal to film content.. 

A. Vapoursynt→Frame→Misc→Filldrops

B. Deinterlace filter → Vapoursynth QTGMC

& last but not least Tongue

C. VapourSynth → Reduction → sRestore Sleepy

ET VOILA  Cool , perfect SMOOOTH end results on my 65inch flatscreen and more important A/V + Subs in perfect Synchronisation Big Grin

Now "Ma Seur"  Big Grin wouldn't that be more relevant to suggest, instead of acting like an AHole   Sleepy
I have told you, iam a resourcefull creature of nature ..

To any one that wants to know how to get rid of jerky old dvd content, these are the filters you need realy..

Apart from the filter settings  Rolleyes !

cheers,

td