This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

AV1
The AV1 codec has become very popular.

I hope you will add "NEW" codec/filter ("drivers") with AV1 support?
av1 encoders Hybrid currently supports atm.:
  • aomenc
  • rav1ve
  • svt-av1
  • QSVEnc (requires Intel GPU; only in dev build available atm.) (Supported on Windows only atm.)
I plan to add av1 support through NVEncC once I get my hands on one of the NVIDIA 40xx cards, but both the 4090 and 4080 cards are way out of my budget range (unless I win the lottery).

This should already cover every free available av1 encoder I know of.
=> If you can name additional av1 encoders that are free, have a command line interface and supports piped input, I can look into supporting them.

Cu Selur
you didn't understand me again

fresh versions needed

not these old ones - they are experimental - not stable
Dev version should be up-to-date, but you can simply replace the binaries if the command line interface didn't change.

Cu Selur
(12.11.2022, 10:23)Selur Wrote: Dev version should be up-to-date, but you can simply replace the binaries if the command line interface didn't change.

Cu Selur

Would a simple file replacement help?

without adjustments in the settings?

O_O.........
Yes
Anyone tried theĀ --fp-mt=1 usage for better Threading yet? Will it speed up encoding a bit 6Core /12 Threads? Will the Video Quality drop like settings up tile columns and rows in AOM? I dont want to use chunked encoding yet, because i only have 16 GB of RAM, when i use chunked encoding with filters on, 2 gb ram left, vspipe will eat all of my RAM.

Greetings
I only did a few tests with SD and 4k content and couldn't find any speed gain when using --fp-mt=1, not sure whether there are any other requirements for it to do something. (Side note: when using chunked encoding, make sure to lower the threads count)

Cu Selur
Hi Selur, why lower the Threads count? even if i set full threads, AOM is not using all of my thread to 100% CPU Load is pending about 80%, with 2 chunks and still 12 Threads, i can get 100% cpu load all the time.
More threads mean more memory usage and overhead. Smile
If you run multiple encodes in parallel, you might want to lower the per job threads count.