This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

2-pass (264/265)
Please

add

manual number of passes

sometimes it takes 4 or 10 times to process
Can you elaborate on that?
Normally, more than 2 passes only deliver any improvement on really exotic test cases and not on normal content.

Cu Selur
field-blend 4 times https://youtu.be/6lNVj1FJ-nc
I don't get how combing artifacts are related to x264/x265 multi pass encoding.
Seems like you encoded interlaced content as progressive without deinterlacing first (Hybrid only automatically deinterlaces if the source is properly marked as interlaced.) or your source already is progressive with the combing in it.

Cu Selur
repaired https://youtu.be/FiGNZltXOLI
Okay,... But this has nothing to do with x264/x265 multi pass encoding.
=> I still don't see what these have to do with your request.
As Selur said, is nothing to do with if you you are using 1-pass abr, 1-pass CBR,  2-Pass or Quantizer. You need to DeInterlace your clip with filters. Please specify your request.
(14.11.2022, 17:19)Selur Wrote: Okay,... But this has nothing to do with x264/x265 multi pass encoding.
=> I still don't see what these have to do with your request.
Big Grin 4 times...
(14.11.2022, 18:21)karthauzi Wrote: As Selur said, is nothing to do with if you you are using 1-pass abr, 1-pass CBR,  2-Pass or Quantizer. You need to DeInterlace your clip with filters. Please specify your request.
aaaaaaah - understood! Thanks!