This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Enforce ffmpeg is enabled for dvd input! -> create debug output and contact author!
Hello again! You probably do not remember me, but yet again - I have a problem and hope to get some help =)

I'm currently using version 2021.04.12.1 because I believe it is the last one that does support my OS (Win7x64)

[Image: LlNUGBD.png]

Fun fact. I have successfully recoded this exact video with similar parameters, but was not completely satisfied, gave it another go after tweaking some (but nothing major) and now I'm getting this every time.

Not sure if you need a debug for this one but if you do - tell me, its no problem. And thanks in advance for your time.
This happens if DVD input is selected, but some filter is used that is only available though ffmpeg.
If you share a debug output, I can tell from it what option is causing this.

Cu Selur
I hope that debug level 9 will do. I haven't created them in a while and can not find the level option for now. Added it to the first post.
Okay,
you selected 'Median Deinterlacer' as deinterlacer, which is a deinterlacer from FFmpeg, but mencoder is needed for DVD input.
Also iirc, NVEncC as encoder also needs y4m input which mencoder does not support. (I'm not totally sure about this.)
FFmpeg does not support DVD input.
In newer versions, Hybrid would create a command call which combines 3 calls mencoder -> ffmpeg -> encoder, but the old version doesn't support this.

If I'm wrong and NVEncC does not require FFmpeg as decoder in Hybrid, then you could
a. if you only need the first title of the DVD you could enable that Avisynth can also be used for DVD input (under Config->Internals->Avisynth->...) and use an Avisynth based deinterlacer.
b. you could use a deinterlacer that is supported in mencoder (i.e. Yadif)

If I remember correctly, you can't combine DVD input with NVencC in that version with mencoder as decoder, so either enabling Avisynth DVD processing or switching to a new OS and a newer Hybrid would be needed.

Cu Selur
Thanks! I will try that.