This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Mask over head switching noise
Is there an easy way to mask over head switching noise in Hybrid for a typical VHS capture?    I want to Crop my 740x480 capture, resize to 704x480, and then add a black mask over the head switching noise at the bottom without resizing.  

How do I mask over it, or do I need to just add custom script?   I will be deinterlacing using Vapoursynth.

Thanks
Quote:Is there an easy way to mask over head switching noise in Hybrid for a typical VHS capture
You either crop those lines or filter them away. If you upload a small sample of your source somewhere, and share a link I might be able to suggest some options.

Quote:I want to Crop my 740x480 capture, resize to 704x480, and then add a black mask over the head switching noise at the bottom without resizing.
Hybrid doesn't use overlays, it crops and adds borders.
So, you would:
a. crop everything away you do not want under 'Crop/Resize->Base->Picture Crop'
b. choose a target width or height
c. specify a letterbox resolution to which your resized content should be extended by adding black bars

Cu Selur