This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Pre-Processing Video Before Upscale
Wink 
Hi,

I have a video from a retail DVD source that is remuxed. Checking MediaInfo, it doesn't show as interlaced but upon upscaling it, I get the interlaced type scan lines in the final product. I ran the video through a 2nd time using QTGMC + Bob and the final product looked pretty bad (I didn't try upscaling on the 2nd time).

Here's a link for the video in question (remuxed mkv).

My question, is this video interlaced, telecined or something totally different? And what's the easiest way to tell in instances like this and process? I did a search on the forum and did see your post regarding how to tell but still a little confused on the process.

I am mainly trying to get enough info to where I am able to figure these out on my own without having to bug you (as much)!  Smile

As usual, thanks for your continued help and great app!
Content is reported as progressive with vfr and comes from an NTSC DVD => it's probably either soft-telecined or telecined.
=> it's telecined. Enabling 'Config->Internals->Ignore all timecodes', before loading the source and tverwriting the scan order to telecine, after laoding the source, seems to fix the issues without a problem.
Some DeCrawl+Denoising (seems to work fine: https://imgsli.com/MTUyNjI5), depending on your taste adding some line darkening and sharpening might also look nice. If you also want to add some Spot Removal only apply that on individual ranges/scenes and tweak the settings, otherwise you will probably lose wanted details. (KillerSpots is probably the most suited for toons.)

Cu Selur
Thanks for the info! That worked!