This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Awkward NTSC file (from film)
I've tried to process an NTSC file (from 29.97 VHS tape) to 23.976 progressive, but during each scene change there is frame blending. Is there a way to completely remove the blending?
try: bob deinterlacing + sRestore
Already tried numerous settings. 

Will send you a link to the file.
Looking through the file (QTGMC bobbed) it seems to me like those blends on scene changes were intended by the creator of the movie.
Moving sRestore more to the end of your filter order might help a bit, but I doubt you can get rid of host scene-blends in an automated way.

Cu Selur
The blends are not present in an HD master I have. The VHS version I need to de-blend has alternate scenes which are needed for a Blu-ray extra.
Okay, sadly I don't think there is any filter in Hybrid that can remove those blends.
So aside from bobbing the content and dropping the blended frames or freezing the previous frame over the blend there isn't much that can be done and to keep the content sync I would recommend using an NLE for that.

Cu Selur
Thanks, it's a mystery what happened to the master that the VHS was duplcated from.