This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

FIXED - Vapoursynth/SMDegrain fails
Whenever I try my favourite SMDegrain filter in Vapoursynth, it crashs. Currently I'm testing Hybrid 2023.03.17.1 (Win64). Even with latest smdegrain.py from github. The last version it worked was for me 2022.05.04.1. Doesn't matter video source.

Other Vapoursynth filters works.

Hint: When I try preview in compare mode, it produces this failure:
2023-04-07 10:20:01.443
Failed to evaluate the script:
Python exception: Plugin C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/GrainFilter/RemoveGrain/RemoveGrainVS.dll already loaded (com.vapoursynth.removegrainvs) from C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/Vapoursynth/vapoursynth64/coreplugins/RemoveGrainVS.dll

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 2866, in vapoursynth._vpy_evaluate
File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 2867, in vapoursynth._vpy_evaluate
File "C:\test\tempPreviewVapoursynthFile10_20_01_082.vpy", line 11, in
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/GrainFilter/RemoveGrain/RemoveGrainVS.dll")
File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 2612, in vapoursynth.Function.__call__
vapoursynth.Error: Plugin C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/GrainFilter/RemoveGrain/RemoveGrainVS.dll already loaded (com.vapoursynth.removegrainvs) from C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/Vapoursynth/vapoursynth64/coreplugins/RemoveGrainVS.dll

If I comment out loading RemoveGrainVS.dll in preview source, it works.
But I don't know how to similarly fix encode .vpy script

Thank you.
Looking at the VapourSynth Script Hybrid only loads Removegrain once.
So it should only be there if there is a global VapourSynth installation which autoloads RemoveGrain.
Sadly, unlike Avisynth, VapourSynth has no option to clear any outside loaded files.
=> If you got a global VapourSynth version installed, deinstall it.

Cu Selur
Correction:
C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/Vapoursynth/vapoursynth64/coreplugins/RemoveGrainVS.dll
->deinstall Hybrid completely and reinstall it.

That folder should only contain 'AvsCompat.dll' nothing else.
The installer only puts 'AvsCompat.dll' there.

Cu Selur
My big apologize, now I will remember fresh install is needed. Thank you very much for quick and correct solution.

V.
Ha!  I've had the same problem for a while through multiple Hybrid versions and kept thinking the next version would magically fix it.  The Avisynth version of SMDegrain worked, which I think is slower but it's fine, except 4k encoding becomes terribly slow. 

Finally searched this and other forums Hybrid is on for a fix, and this thread showed up.

Glad to have SMDegrain Vapoursynth version working again. SMDegrain and Hybrid are impressive.  Thank you.
(17.09.2023, 19:26)dma Wrote: Ha!  I've had the same problem for a while through multiple Hybrid versions and kept thinking the next version would magically fix it.  The Avisynth version of SMDegrain worked, which I think is slower but it's fine, except 4k encoding becomes terribly slow. 

Finally searched this and other forums Hybrid is on for a fix, and this thread showed up.

Glad to have SMDegrain Vapoursynth version working again. SMDegrain and Hybrid are impressive.  Thank you.

there are many pixels in a frame of UHD content to process if the video source is SD or HD. then it’s better to upscale the SD to HD with different filters, or HD and fix it with filters. then clean HD do a regular upscaling to UHD.