This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Getting rid of ghosting on an old anime DVD release
The video source is Japanese DVD (29.970) of an old anime series. It's interlaced and has ghosting.
Interlaced check result: bottom field first

I've tried to use settings: TIVTC (vapoursynth)
Deinterlacer: QTGMC (preset='very slow')
TDecimate: Mode 1, Cycle 5.
                 Hybrid: blend 30p -> 24p, keep 24p

While it's being de-interlaced good, I don't know how to get rid of ghosting...
I need the output frame-rate 23.976 since I want to upscale it afterwards in Topaz.

I've tried to search in the forums but I guess every problem needs to look into individually.

I've also read that it's possible to bob the frames and then sRestore them to 23.976. Would it help in this matter? I also don't know how to use sRestore since I can't find it among the filters (vapoursynth).

Source video excerpt from a DVD:
https://dropmefiles.com/aEPe7

I'd be grateful for any suggestions on how to get rid of ghosting.
sRestore is under: "Filtering->Avisynth / Vapoursynth->Frame->Reduction->sRestore", but it's broken in Vapoursynth (see: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=184852).
I also doubt that you can get rid of those blends with sRestore or IVTC, since it looks like those blends are not created by frame interpolation.
So removing ghosting by throwing out non-blended frame won't work.
Even when using sRestore in Avisynth and then lowering the frame rate to 8
When bobbing the content and looking at the preview, one can see the blends are already parts of the separated fields.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Potentially using ExBlends might he.p