This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

How to mux MOV and AAC files previously created by Hybrid
Question 
I got a CRASHED error because I ran out of hard drive space. It failed during the stage where the MOV (ProRes) and AAC were going to be muxed. 

I found the MOV and AAC file in the temp folder. When I tried to import the MOV into Premiere, error said "We were unable to open the file on the disk". Also MOV file doesn't play in MPC or VLC.

Is there a way to mux these two files together in Hybrid? That is, assuming the MOV file is good, can I skip to 08_muxing step instead of restarting?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Assuming the mov is okay, which it does not sound like, you can use the mov as video and the audio as audio input and multiplex them using Hybrid.
It's probably easier (faster) to disable 'Jobs->Queue->Minimize job command lines', check the command line of the failed job.
Copy it, open a terminal inside the Hybrid/64bit folder and call the call. Smile
You could also try to select the failed subjob, set it to postponed and then unset it from postponed, this might start the queue at that point,.. (not sure afk atm.)

Cu Selur
(05.08.2023, 16:31)ThumperStrauss Wrote: I got a CRASHED error because I ran out of hard drive space. It failed during the stage where the MOV (ProRes) and AAC were going to be muxed. 

I found the MOV and AAC file in the temp folder. When I tried to import the MOV into Premiere, error said "We were unable to open the file on the disk". Also MOV file doesn't play in MPC or VLC.

Is there a way to mux these two files together in Hybrid? That is, assuming the MOV file is good, can I skip to 08_muxing step instead of restarting?

*.mov files seems to load and play just fine in mpc & vlc over here ...

I suggest to take an look at this tool → AviDemux.. 

And just put / copy the content of the mov into another container to work with in adobe Premiere... 

Worked for me in the past ..

Different containers are often the cause of crashes in tools/software .. not necessarily the content (a/v tracks) !!

cheers,
TD