This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Crop+letterbox , same resolution and not (any kind) of resize.. right?
[Image: anychange.jpg]
i was pretty sure this is how works  CROP and LETTERBOX... for example remove top/bottom noise of a VHS and make final output as the same resolution of original... right?

i placed 2 clips (one cropped+letterbox and one not) side to side and using my eyes seems there are not differences ... i'm correct?
there is no resizes involed if i use letterbox to reach the same resolution of original clip...

i 'm a lot worried about losing details.. just this. (talking again about PAL 720x576)
According to what I see, you take a source which is: 720x576, then crop it to 720x576 and then add the cropped off parts back to get 720x588.
I assume this is what you wanted.
To compare it, you can simply co to the Filtering-tab, enable 'Compare view' and look at the Vapoursynth/Avisynth preview.

Cu Selur
yes it is, and i also compare the 2 views using this method, btw i assume there are no changes (of any kind) to original footage (a part the 2 black bars)
thank you
You can look at the Vapoursynth Script to see what is happening.