This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Preview + encode disaster !
(21.08.2023, 16:18)Selur Wrote:
Quote:While iam talking about the HWdecoding setting in Config→Input→Decoding→Use Gpu for Decoding=  section from hybrid 
That will be used if you don't use Avisynth or Vapoursynth and will crash is you select something that doesn't work. Wink

REALY  Tongue → !?! 

I could have sworn, the first thing i did when i encountered that preview filter issue = Deselecting → HWencode totaly under input tab.. 
And that ↑ immediatly solved the problem  Huh  .  

what else , what other setting could have fixed / worked around that issue, since Libav HWdecoding is only for Intel/nvidia users...
I would guess "filesize", but the workarround did overcame that issues with that big file  Huh

(21.08.2023, 16:18)Selur Wrote:
Strange thing is, when I indexed it with FFVideoSource, closed the preview and reindexed it, is was faster.
Could it be a Windows disk caching issue?
Cu Selur

By disk cache, iam guessing you are refering to write caching for SSD/HDD ?  Do you?
Or are you refering to the reserved memory space (RAM) to write to and read from ?
And there is the swap/page file too..

It's best to enable that in device manager me thinks..

But more importantly, erratic speeds can be due to the ssd firmware, bios mobo, even device driver etc ...  
I wish it only wos that easy to improve speed by flipping an switch (registry/background services etc..)  Tongue  

Anyway, was it faster like in → did u saw the preview window in a snap of a finger (Litterally) Blush ?

If so, i keep mention that..  

With LWlibav, each time you tune the filters , lwlibav needs to created the index file from scratch ... 
The waiting game all the time untill the preview pops up Confused

With FFmpegSource2 it's way different, it only create the index just ONCE yes, ONE TIME, to get the preview to see, no matter what you change or enable what filter you get to see that window like INSTNANTLY ... Boom Cool  
I mean, could it be that ffmpegsource2 stores an portion of that media in the ram (or ramdisk)..  

Because ,i saw via islc that my 32GB ram sinks quite a bit using ffmpegsource2  Big Grin  

And just to be sure, u did tried this out using Ffmpegsource2 did you?

cheers,
td
Quote:By disk cache, iam guessing you are refering to write caching for SSD/HDD ? Do you?
read-/write cache assigned by the OS.

Quote:I could have sworn, the first thing i did when i encountered that preview filter issue = Deselecting → HWencode totaly under input tab..
And that ↑ immediatly solved the problem
That is the mplayer preview, that (normally) has nothing to do with the actual processing. Big Grin
(removing mplayer dependencies is one of my 'large' to-dos I never get to,...)

Quote:I mean, could it be that ffmpegsource2 stores an portion of that media in the ram (or ramdisk)..
nope, ffmpegsource2 only saves the .ffindex file in the temp folder. (might be windows defender or similar)
While creating the index it eats ram.

Quote:And just to be sure, u did tried this out using Ffmpegsource2 did you?
The benchmarks: Yes
No clue what you are referring to otherwise.

Cu Selur
------
offline 02.-07. July, https://www.rockharz-festival.com/ Big Grin
(22.08.2023, 05:09)Selur Wrote:
Quote:By disk cache, iam guessing you are refering to write caching for SSD/HDD ?  Do you?
read-/write cache assigned by the OS.

Yes, that's what i actually meant by "reserved memory space" by os.

Quote:I could have sworn, the first thing i did when i encountered that preview filter issue = Deselecting → HWencode totaly under input tab..
And that ↑ immediatly solved the problem
That is the mplayer preview, that (normally) has nothing to do with the actual processing. Big Grin
(removing mplayer dependencies is one of my 'large' to-dos I never get to,...)

"Normaly"?  You lost me there...!
No what iam trying to say, the issue with the filter preview window only went away after deselection HWdecoding not before ?
So, in some way to me it seems it is infact related to the issue.  Or is it coicidence.

I'll try another BIG source next time to see what it does.

Quote:I mean, could it be that ffmpegsource2 stores an portion of that media in the ram (or ramdisk).. 
nope, ffmpegsource2 only saves the .ffindex file in the temp folder. (might be windows defender or similar)
While creating the index it eats ram.

You absolute sure, it creates the files in windows "default" temp folder noless?
You probebly mean by default in hybrid?

I mean, the index files are created each time in the source folder in my case.  
After all iam using Custom Temp & Destination paths Selur.

cheers,
TD
Index files are created in the temp folder that is configured in Hybrid. (Config->Paths->Default temp path)
Like I wrote before, I would recommend to a. set a dedicated path for this b. add an exception to your virus scanners etc. for this.

Quote:I mean, the index files are created each time in the source folder in my case.
That should only be the case if source and temp folder are the same,...
------
(22.08.2023, 16:37)Selur Wrote: Index files are created in the temp folder that is configured in Hybrid. (Config->Paths->Default temp path)
Like I wrote before, I would recommend to a. set a dedicated path for this b. add an exception to your virus scanners etc. for this.

Quote:I mean, the index files are created each time in the source folder in my case. 
That should only be the case if source and temp folder are the same,...

that's the first thing i do when config any software..
I mean, it's only logical to choose the biggest and fastest storage device for temp usage. is it not Wink .

And yes, how did you guess  Tongue .  
Indeed, temp + source has the same path for me, just for the sake to keep everything tight and together  Rolleyes .

ps: I've saw you took care of the smooth seller .. selur  Big Grin ..
I guess the store is closed (banned ^^ ) as of now Tongue  ?

cheers,
TD
Quote:And yes, how did you guess
index is always written to temp folder, you said yours is in the source folder, so the conclusion was, you set the temp folder to the source folder or something was wrong.
-> seems like everything works as good as it can

Cu Selur
------
(23.08.2023, 14:37)Selur Wrote: -> seems like everything works as good as it can

Cu Selur

So far so good... except for E-AC3 (DD+)  Undecided

today i have gotten my AVR back from repairs.

And i wos very curious to see how my trusty "old" Denon receiver would cope with DD+ streams at differenten → Bitrates...

so, i ran an sample with DD+ → @1500Kbps ... And iam telling you , some very weird stuff is going on when i choose high bitrates for E-AC3.

check this, i have sound and bitstreamed uhuh... Whereas with the former soundbar, i did not get any sound.. unless pcm in pdvd..

BUT..  the sound plays very choppy, and the framerate / playback is very very choppy aswell BOTH in PDVD and my hardware bluray player.

So you see, the hardware player seems to agree with pdvd and vice versa, but god knows why !?!?
See, something is very wrong using given bitrates in DD+ format... if only knew what..  
Have contacted cyberlink about that already, yet have to receive an plausible explanation ..  Huh

One thing is certain, it doesn't seem to be an AVR issue... 
Denon is one of , if not the best brands next to marantz for AVR's ..

Cheers,
TD