This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

E-AC3 again!?
Update:

This dts track is the strangest thing  Huh !!

if DTS 2 DTS encode wouldn't work, then next logical step is to convert all channels into .wav or pcm formats you would think.. and recode back to DTS to convert the xxbit signal !!

Guess again..

as long you convert it to formats (flac, pcm, Wav) other than "DTS" it converts te signal to 16bit (no problems).  
But as soon i re-encode the audio file back to DTS , bam it's stamped 24bit again !!???!!

No matter what tool i use...

Tried to create wavs files for surcode pro, an old commercial DTS encoder intended for DVD content.
Guess, what all DTS encodes done by Surcode is... ding ding ding 24Bit again Big Grin  ..

What an wonderfull mysterious world we live in .. isnt it  Angel

Cheers,
TD
In Hybrid, this is easily explained. Hybrid does not enforce a bit depth for all formats and by defaults tries to stick with the bit depth of the input,...
--- mainly offline 20.-26 of May ---
(04.08.2023, 04:55)Selur Wrote: In Hybrid, this is easily explained. 

As what , how..where ... !?? Huh

I mean, it's easily self explanatory when you choose the audio format PCM or Flac , there you have the option 16-24-32 !!
But for the rest ... !???

EDIT:  my goal wos to create an audio track with the same quality or close to DTS for these TS files that works on all devices / players using bitstreaming !!
so, i've used E-AC3 next best thing to DTS...  But now for some unraffled reason, powerdvd & my hardware player shows the audio info exactly as it is but NO SOUND bitstreamed ... ONLY sound when i used the setting decode to PCM !!  The strangest thing !!  Only DTS to AC3 seems to work on all devices bitstreamed !!  

cheers,
Those two sentences belong together.
The second one is the explanation:
Quote:Hybrid does not enforce a bit depth for all formats and by defaults tries to stick with the bit depth of the input,...
so by normally, Hybrid will stick to the audio bit depth if possible especially when processing audio only.
With audio only, Hybrid does not use MediaInfo and thus does not get the audio bit depth unless ffmpeg or mplayer report it.

Cu Selur
Correction: dts is 24bit by default. 16bit was the uncommon thing, which only is used on DTS CD format. Smile
So 24bit is correct, and not the issue.
(04.08.2023, 17:23)Selur Wrote: Correction: dts is 24bit by default. 16bit was the uncommon thing, which only is used on DTS CD format. Smile
So 24bit is correct, and not the issue.

Yes indeed, i have looked it up myself.. DTS by default should be 96Khz/24bit  ..

Yet, many encoders only support DTS up to 48khz !??? Hence my confusiong between 16-24 bit signal !!

Cheers,
TD

...By the By  Big Grin

Did you managed to play that dts audio sample i have posted as passthrough signal on you desktop selur ?  
Did you received sound?

Or did you had to decode the dts in a software player to receive sound ?

cheers,
TD
Quote:DTS by default should be 96Khz/24bit ..
that is wrong, unless you mean DTS-HD

---
yes, I can playback the audio stream without problems using MPC-HC.

if I remember correctly there are:

DTS FormatChannel CountBit DepthSampling Rate
DTS 5.16 channels16-bit, 24-bit48 kHz
DTS-HD HR7.1 channels16-bit, 24-bit48 kHz
DTS-HD MA7.1 channels24-bit48 kHz, 96 kHz
DTS:XUp to 3224-bit48 kHz, 96 kHz
DTS Neo:66 channels16-bit, 24-bit48 kHz
DTS-ES6.1, 7.116-bit, 24-bit48 kHz
DTS 96/245.1 channels24-bit96 kHz
DTS-ES 96/246.1, 7.124-bit96 kHz
DTS Express5.1 channels16-bit48 kHz
DTS Stereo2 channels16-bit48 kHz
DTS-HD Stereo2 channels24-bit48 kHz, 96 kHz

Cu Selur
(04.08.2023, 18:34)Selur Wrote:
Quote:DTS by default should be 96Khz/24bit  ..
that is wrong, unless you mean DTS-HD

No, not according to → DTS 96/24, introduced in May 2001[22][non-primary source needed], allows the delivery of 5.1 channels of 24-bit, 96 kHz audio

But granted, usuall it's 48khz.. for consumers i meant to say !

(04.08.2023, 18:34)Selur Wrote: yes, I can playback the audio stream without problems using MPC-HC.

as passthrough signal (bitstreamed) ?
What media player did you used ?

And are you using an external receiver / amplifier ?  If so, what brand & model ?

I myself have an Dolby Atmos compatible home cinema setup (denon & philips), and there shouldn't have any problems playing any common formats that are available nowday's though !

Cheers,
TD
Additionally:

DVD-Video, DTS only:
755 big endian
1509 big endian
are standard compliant

Blu-Ray only:
192 big endian
256 big endian
320 big endian
384 big endian
448 big endian
512 big endian
640 big endian
755 big endian
960 big endian
1152 big endian
1344 big endian
1509 big endian
are standard compliant

=> your receiver probably only supports DVD compliant DTS.
MPC-HC is the MediaPlay, I only hooked it up to my headphones. Receiver (Onkyo TX-SR508) is in a different room.