This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Preview + encode disaster !
(17.08.2023, 18:49)Selur Wrote: No clue what causes LWlibavsource not to recognize the streams in the source, but I can't do anything about that.
You can try disabling the hardware decoding if using another source filter isn't practical for you.

Cu Selur

NP, i asume you are refering to Config→Input→Decoding→Use gpu for decoding method ?
If so, that did the trick  Rolleyes !

But preview with lwlibav is terrible slow, at speeds of between 100MB/sec - 200 MB/sec (like 7200 rpm HDD speeds... coicidence ?) reading from an Nvme SSD noless that ussually operates at 1 - 2 GB/sec processsing BIG files in other apps !!! 

but, i have better/faster succes using preview with FfmpegSource2 and rather quickly...
I have mentioned that ↑ several times in the past.  For some reason FFmpegSource2 is XX times faster..  

However, when hybrid starts an job, ffmpeg struggles to creating a index file...The speeds are soo terrible low (10MB/sec plus minus)!!  .. 
Pretty much the same thing happends like it wos with the TS demux/remux issue awhile back u know ?

At first , extraction of tracks after opening files wos quickly done... but at job creation NOT..
Same thing with FFMPEGsource2 now..

Atleast for very big files like BD50..  it's an returning issue .. !
NOt so much for small files from XGB ..!

THANKS for the SUGGESTION..  albeit the obvious.. my bad  Sad

EDIT:  Both FFmpegsource2 & Lwlibav behave normal again in hybrid , since i disable HWdecoding ^^

Cheers,
TD

Messages In This Thread
Preview + encode disaster ! - by ToiletDuck - 17.08.2023, 18:45
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 17.08.2023, 18:49
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by ToiletDuck - 17.08.2023, 19:52
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 18.08.2023, 11:22
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 19.08.2023, 08:54
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 21.08.2023, 05:39
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 21.08.2023, 16:18
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 22.08.2023, 05:09
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 22.08.2023, 16:37