This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Preview + encode disaster !
(22.08.2023, 05:09)Selur Wrote:
Quote:By disk cache, iam guessing you are refering to write caching for SSD/HDD ?  Do you?
read-/write cache assigned by the OS.

Yes, that's what i actually meant by "reserved memory space" by os.

Quote:I could have sworn, the first thing i did when i encountered that preview filter issue = Deselecting → HWencode totaly under input tab..
And that ↑ immediatly solved the problem
That is the mplayer preview, that (normally) has nothing to do with the actual processing. Big Grin
(removing mplayer dependencies is one of my 'large' to-dos I never get to,...)

"Normaly"?  You lost me there...!
No what iam trying to say, the issue with the filter preview window only went away after deselection HWdecoding not before ?
So, in some way to me it seems it is infact related to the issue.  Or is it coicidence.

I'll try another BIG source next time to see what it does.

Quote:I mean, could it be that ffmpegsource2 stores an portion of that media in the ram (or ramdisk).. 
nope, ffmpegsource2 only saves the .ffindex file in the temp folder. (might be windows defender or similar)
While creating the index it eats ram.

You absolute sure, it creates the files in windows "default" temp folder noless?
You probebly mean by default in hybrid?

I mean, the index files are created each time in the source folder in my case.  
After all iam using Custom Temp & Destination paths Selur.

cheers,
TD

Messages In This Thread
Preview + encode disaster ! - by ToiletDuck - 17.08.2023, 18:45
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 17.08.2023, 18:49
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 18.08.2023, 11:22
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 19.08.2023, 08:54
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 21.08.2023, 05:39
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 21.08.2023, 16:18
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 22.08.2023, 05:09
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by ToiletDuck - 22.08.2023, 11:35
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 22.08.2023, 16:37