This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Unable to properly recognize language in MKV container
Hello Selur,

I'm using Hybrid 2023.04.18.1 and I found that in some case Hybrid is unable to properly recognize the language of tracks in MKV containers.
  This happen if in the container is specified not only the language code but also the region code (for example "en-US" instead of "en-GB").
  This problem affect not only the output of the encoded video but also the language selection in "Config->Automation->Passthrough streams", when are selected the languages to be exported by Hybrid.
   An example of video with this problem is avalilabe at this link: https://file.io/IoVPeGG7mJ2F
(the file will be deleted after the download)

I hope that you will be able to fix this problem.

Thanks,
Dan
Ah, didn't even know mkv supports BCP47 language tags with location.
Personally I don't have any use for it, but I'll look into it.
This probably requires to rewrite a few places to:
a. properly extract the language from a file name like "TestSubs_id_4_lang_en-US.srt"
b. only use the whole 'en-US' part when mkv is use and otherwise just use 'en'.
=> will look at it tomorrow after work.

Cu Selur
Had a quick go at it, send you a link to a dev version for testing.
Please test and let me know whether it works and doesn't break muxing in other containers.
If it doesn't work as intended, I'll look at it tomorrow after work.

Cu Selur
Hello Selur,

now the track's language is properly assigned in output. But there are still problems on Configuration side.
   If for example I "choose" to import only Italian subtitles in "Config->Automation->All subtitle - Only add/extract", in output is included also the subtitle in English.
   It seems that the language selection in "Config->Automation->Limit audio - passthrough/auto add all" is working.

Dan
Will look at it.
For me, no subtitle get added, since 'it-IT' and 'en-US' are not identified as valid subtitle.

Cu Selur
In effect I performed again the test and no subtitles are added, but the audio language selection is working.  
As you know both it-IT and en-US should be considered valid language tag.
Created a new dev, where the subtitles do not get ignored.
Can't reproduce the problem you have.
=> create a debug output of the problem with the new version and I can look at it tomorrow after work.

Cu Selur
Hello Selur,

The last dev version is managing the language tags in MKV properly, without problems.

Thanks,
Dan
Nice! Thanks for the feedback.

Cu Selur
Hello Selur,

the language tags in Hybrid are working perfectly, but there is a little issue.
   I usually define a subset of subtitles/languages to be selected by using Config->Automation->All subtitle - Only add/extract", "Limit audio pass-through".
   Both the settings allow to select the language tag to be included in the encoded movie.
   But it is missing the language tag "Undef [und]", could you add it ?

Thanks,
Dan